• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's the promised pictures, here are the spider gears, drive cups, and bassically everything inside the diff case,15607943635408671847472761194526.jpg
Here's one half of the diff case
15607944016301415812201081714347.jpg
Other half
15607944205516039628257314035246.jpg
Here's the transmission half's
15607944459366968031619220758380.jpg
And here's the chassis, you can see there is diff oil that leaked out, confirming my suspision that the diff hs been leaking.
15607945063684683183899608939513.jpg
I'm thinking about cleaning my tranny gears once I get the new parts in, just to make sure the red and tacky gets good adhesion to the gears and doesn't fling off.

One of them, stIll need to figure out why it's locking and unlocking, I'm guessing that's caused by my spider gears having play
there wasnt any grit or anything when you tore down? all the bearings are rolling free and smooth? is the diff housing at all warped? those would be the only reasons i could think of, maybe the spider gears sliding back and forth on the square inserts, but i would think that if everything was in there as it should it would force them to be at the outermost location making them if anything always be loose/open. unless there was enough play it could start getting sideways and wedge.
im way to used to seeing the spiders being on shafts across the diffs lol throws me off seeing them in the inserts like that separated.

there wasnt any grit or anything when you tore down? all the bearings are rolling free and smooth? is the diff housing at all warped? those would be the only reasons i could think of, maybe the spider gears sliding back and forth on the square inserts, but i would think that if everything was in there as it should it would force them to be at the outermost location making them if anything always be loose/open. unless there was enough play it could start getting sideways and wedge.
im way to used to seeing the spiders being on shafts across the diffs lol throws me off seeing them in the inserts like that separated.
No everything is fine, I think the inserts are the problem.

You are marching forward Z. I like seeing you complete things on your list. Keep it up brah.
Thanks man! Appreciate it. On the diff, instead of doing a rebuild kit, I think I'm going to go for one of those madmax (bassically rovan) billet (I think) diff cases with new bearings, seals, hardware and shims for not too much more, now I'd much rather go for a turtle racing or irc becuase they are stronger and nicer but for now, that will have to do, tell me what you think.

Last edited:
Also think you gonna do the diff twice in the end anyway? hope the diff holds out??
Go the complete
So your saying do the mad Max? The diff most likely won't be a problem unless it leaks, but then again I've seen people smash these SS style cast cases. John Parks says it all be fine though, the tranny gears and diff case is the problem

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks