• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
z.hb71

Too bad you were not close too me. Got a spare drill mill like new I hardly use because I have two of them. Would have made a killer deal for you just to get it out of my shop.

Never clicked on me about it. As much as you would love it especially all the troubles you go through. The only problem is sleep would be a thing of the past after you get one and
a lathe on top of it also. Too much mind thinking on what to build next. Trust me. I am a pro on that. :p

Never clicked on me about it. As much as you would love it especially all the troubles you go through. The only problem is sleep would be a thing of the past after you get one and
a lathe on top of it also. Too much mind thinking on what to build next. Trust me. I am a pro on that. :p
Oh I can imagine. About 6yrs again before I got into RC, I got a soldering iron, and I was so amped on it! Even though it is super basic but i was always thinking, what can I make next. And the same thing has happened many times after that. Lol

Ok so, I'm indecisive so which machine shop do you think I should go to?
Heres my choiceshttps://sites.google.com/site/elkcncinc/products-services
https://www.google.com/search?q=Vis...e%20Shop%20%26%20Manufacturing&viewerState=ga

https://sites.google.com/site/elkcncinc/products-services

http://www.wtool.com/cncturning.html

or http://www.amswisssouthelgin.com
im think Am Swiss Screw or Walter Tool Mfg are looking good but tell me what u think. Cuz at this rate I'm never Gunna go I'll be overthinking too much ???

Ok I went to that walter tool manufacturing Mfg or whatever it's called and Walter is smoking crack becuase this man was charging $70 just to embiggen the hole on the ignition gear ??. For $70, I got almost every thing done for $70 at the other machine shop in texas. Holy crap, need to find another guy now.

Heck the shop I used to work at was $95 hr with a 1 hr minimum charge. Around here that's about the going rate. Just call around to the other shops.
Will do. 95 ? that's alot. Also I picked up my Fastenal order and all the screws are the right size except for the m4x60 carb bolts, I can be really stupid at times and this was one of em, becuase I should have known (and I would have if I just looked at the intake manifold closer) that it was tapped to m5 (like all carb bolts are) not m4, so I technically don't need carb bolts because I can reuse my old ones, just they don't fully bottom out in the intake manifold which Id like so I can get maximum tightness (I guess?) But not really required, and I struck out on those shims which are a special order ? so I'm not exactly sure if it will be done by Saturday especially cuz I got fekd by the machine shop (and you Doug and Sean, don't fek me for being late lol) but I'll try my best. So tomorrow I'll be going to another a machine shop, and I'll be going to home Depot to get the other stuff, and I'll order those shims and while I'm at it, might as well l spend the 50cents and get carb bolts. Oh and btw, my PVC thing, I just sent back so that won't be here in time, but I don't need that for the first start cuz I have the steal one which I can just use temporally. So in summary, I'm not giving up on getting it running on Saturday, but I'm not sure if it's Gunna happen, but even if its not ready, it will most likely (hear that Doug and Sean?? Most likely! Not it will!)be ready early next week. So let's just keep our trains and fingers crossed that she'll be finished Saturday! One last thing, I also got my second set of those lost oil seals today, so now I got 2 spare sets. Sorry-not sorry for the long read ?

Last edited:
Socket adapter, hex drivers for the torque wrench, carb bolts, and shims for the wrist pin ordered. The socket adapters and hex drivers are through home Depot and should be ready for pick up tomorrow, and the carb bolts and most importantly the wrist pin shims are estimated to come on Friday so I hope that estimation is correct. So it's about all leaning on the machine shop, hopefully I can find someone who can do it same day or pickup Friday for not a redicullous amount ?

Socket adapter, hex drivers for the torque wrench, carb bolts, and shims for the wrist pin ordered. The socket adapters and hex drivers are through home Depot and should be ready for pick up tomorrow, and the carb bolts and most importantly the wrist pin shims are estimated to come on Friday so I hope that estimation is correct. So it's about all leaning on the machine shop, hopefully I can find someone who can do it same day or pickup Friday for not a redicullous amount ?
This when your own lathe would be handy ?
You neec to find an oltimer who has machines? like a small independent shop?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks