• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I go together with my saws I toss the case half in the oven at 300* for about 10 minuets and use freeze spray on the crank journals. Sometimes they fall right together with oit freezing them.
Ok thanks. I got both halves together but I'm Gunna take it back apart just to make sure it's sealing right, I don't want to end up doing this twice.

Ok I need to ask something, I'm installing the piston circlip I'm wondering, there's a notch in my piston and my cir clip is almost a full circle with a break in in, do I have to line up the break in the circlip to the notch in the Piston?
Here is the circlip
IMG_20190714_163607.jpg
IMG_20190714_163617.jpgthers the notch
And here is the circlip installed, as you can see the edge of the break in the clip is lined up with the edge of the notch, is this correct? I'm pretty sure it is, but just to be sure, don't want a clip flying out and fekin everything up
IMG_20190714_163655.jpg
Edit: I hate to inform you guys, that this 70cc will not be done today or tomorrow or the next day, I have uncountered a issue were the crank is not allowed the go all the way to bdc becuase the piston hits a section of the crankcase, so the crankcase will need to be modified. I had no idea that this problem would arise becuase I have no means of testing this till today because I didn't have bearings in the case or was ready for the piston. ??????? so theres another week or 2 onto this whole ordeal.
Edit: ok maybe I have a plan, I'll buy a poopy $15 rotary tool and hit the case with it after I take it all apart, a very very very annoying delay and I should have checked it before it's half assembled.

Last edited:
Give your circlip a turn so the edge doesn't line up with the cut out. I'll grab a pic from my engine later. Cooking right now. It really sucks that you encountered another issue!
Ok, I'll definitely appreciate a picture. Yeah this issues definitely sucks, especially because I have to remove literally everything from the engine (even bearings). Question, if I heat the case to 200-300 degrees to remove bearings, will it damage the bearings? I don't think so because the engine goes over 200 degrees running but just to be sure

No they arnt sealed bearings. They should be fine. And here's your pic kinda a bugger to see but that's how I've always put that style in. Call me paranoid but I've never had a clip pop out putting them in that way.

Attachments

• 15631465134364868833400066000669.jpg
    15631465134364868833400066000669.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 12
The notch in the piston is only there so you have a recess to use a small tool to pry out and remove the circlip. Whenever you install circlips you always want the circlip notch to be a 12 oclock or 6 oclock . This is the best position to avoid circlip closure flex under peak rpm.

???? ah crap sorry Z
Yeah it totally sucks, but, I'm trying to source me a rotary to, i don't care if it's disposable becuase I'm just tryna get running. Here's pics if you want
15631604149386271781196394871746.jpg
15631604527776264418444281212007.jpg
It's mostly the back corners, front is ok but extremely close
Question, what rotary tool bit can I use to grind this? A diamond bit? Carbide bit?? What?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks