• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok my ignition pinion came in today along with my 20mm drill bit. If ur wondering why I need that big of a drill bit, it's cuz I asked the machine shop to drill my ignition spur gear (aka the
Hall sensors mount) 2mm smaller than my bearing (thinking when I heat up the gear to install the bearing it will expand 2mm, well when I tried it, nope won't expand that much so this is to drill it out so I can fit me bearing.
IMG_20190514_162648.jpg

For something that size I would be more like .0005 - .001 inch (.0127 - .0254 mm) That is more in the range we would use. 2mm is to roughly .080 inch. Way too much interference fit. Even if you could get 2mm to work. The crush on the bearing would be so bad it would either bind or dent the balls into the races.

For something that size I would be more like .0005 - .001 inch (.0127 - .0254 mm) That is more in the range we would use. 2mm is to roughly .080 inch. Way too much interference fit. Even if you could get 2mm to work. The crush on the bearing would be so bad it would either bind or dent the balls into the races.
no now it will be 1mm interference not 2mm, it used to be about 2mm which wouldn't work now it will be 1mm.

Make sure you understand this to what I wrote. 1mm is .03937 inch. Still way to tight. If they are a good machine shop they should have known that is way too tight. They may just be figuring this is what the customer asked for so do it.

Make sure you understand this to what I wrote. 1mm is .03937 inch. Still way to tight. If they are a good machine shop they should have known that is way too tight. They may just be figuring this is what the customer asked for so do it.

i understand this, though 1mm worked perfectly fine for my clutch housing bearings.

Needed servo extensions for my CDI becuase the wires are too short so I found 10x 500mm ones on eBay for really cheap and here they are
IMG_20190515_111928.jpg
Still no word on the we're abouts on the oil seals ?
Here's something I guess maybe dissapointing but I'm not dissapointed, so the last things I need are oil seals and crankcase bolts (couldn't find anything long enough locally)and spark plugs, so I cannot assemble the engine without bolts (obviously) so I won't be able to assemble the engine before we move, tomorrow, but even if I had the bolts I wouldn't have enough time today to assemble the engine because I still need to make gaskets, make a ignition pinion mount, assemble the actual engine and set timing. Also I don't have time today to run to the auto parts store to get spark plugs or anywhere to get crankcase bolts (even if they had any), so yeah, I'll be able to assmeble the engine possibly Sunday or Monday, whenever the crankcase bolts arrive to our new house and whenever I get my damn oil seals. It's a couple days delay but no big deal.

Last edited:
Needed servo extensions for my CDI becuase the wires are too short so I found 10x 500mm ones on eBay for really cheap and here they are
View attachment 51426
Still no word on the we're abouts on the oil seals ?
Here's something I guess maybe dissapointing but I'm not dissapointed, so the last things I need are oil seals and crankcase bolts (couldn't find anything long enough locally)and spark plugs, so I cannot assemble the engine without bolts (obviously) so I won't be able to assemble the engine before we move, tomorrow, but even if I had the bolts I wouldn't have enough time today to assemble the engine because I still need to make gaskets, make a ignition pinion mount, assemble the actual engine and set timing. Also I don't have time today to run to the auto parts store to get spark plugs or anywhere to get crankcase bolts (even if they had any), so yeah, I'll be able to assmeble the engine possibly Sunday or Monday, whenever the crankcase bolts arrive to our new house and whenever I get my damn oil seals. It's a couple days delay but no big deal.
really exciting to see this thing come together!
hope you have luck with the oil seals, can only imagine the frustration with them at this point.

really exciting to see this thing come together!
hope you have luck with the oil seals, can only imagine the frustration with them at this point.
Yeah it's really frustrating, not as frustrating as some parts of this build but very frustrating for 2 little oil seals. The company started a search with USPS to hopefully find em. Honestly I shouldn't be surprised because USPS around here has always sucked. Once they delivered one of my things to a house down the road in there flower bed, once they just decided not to deliver at all that day, once they delivered at 8pm, they just don't know how to deliver.

Update: Nothing has happened with it as of now because we started moving on Thursday (the 16th I thk) and we got to our new house yesterday and we don't get our stuff until later (possibly tomorrow, maybe later on in the week). The movers do not have my Baja or my tools so technically I could do something but I don't have a table to work on or any parts to install. I need to order screws from Fastenal or something, they are metric and a pretty long in length so nobody round here sells them. Need to find spark plugs hopefully near by, theres a couple Auto parts stores near by so I'll check em out. Need a pulse fitting for the crankcase, and still my goddamn oil seals haven't arrived at our old house so they can get forwarded. Sooooo I contacted the company asking if USPS did anything and that I just want my oil seals so hopefully they'll reply soon and work something out because I doubt USPS will do anything because they could apparently care less about their customs who pay them money to ship something..... redicullous. I'll order screws and the pulse fitting and look for oil seals soon, I've just set up the computer I order my stuff from so now I can actually order stuff. The oil seals are the biggest problem here. On another note: now I have a great sized rc room/basement! I'll need to find a good work table near by (hopefully) or maybe make one, prefer to get one because I'm lazy Lol. Now I can spread out and have a proper sized rc room instead of a tiny little room that I used to have.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks