• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok change of plans, my diff case is totally fine, the outdrive seals are fine, they don't leak (tested it with wd40 which is way way thinner than 500k-1million diff oil) it's fine, so I'm just Gunna go for a rebuild kit for now, the people who are smashing these SS cases are people with alx super 71's, mine is choked (in theory) with a 19mm carb when (according to a guy who I talked to about my setup) it should have a 21-25mm carb, so I'll be running less power (good for my transmission LOL) , so with that $30, I think I'm Gunna put that towards a aluminum 2 or 3 piece transmission case to replace the brittle crap plastic one.
The plastic diff cases split and crack VERY easy, I read a post on Reddit, the guy had a baja which alot less torque that this motor will (in theory of course) be making, and he managed to split the case here
So, I'm affraid if that happening, and I want my Baja to be as reliable as possible throughout the summer as I'm in Illinois (as you know) and the winters suck with alot of snow and rain, so I can't and won't run in that. So trans case it is, when I put a bigger carb on the engine (when I get better trans gears) and a proper alx side pipe (instead of my NOlimat as it's been dubbed by me ??) then the diff case will become a problem and I'll go for a turtle racing or the madmax (depend on how cheap I'm feeling ?). So that's the plan. Sorry for the long read ?

Lol you have the rest of the summer to run Frankie and all winter to create a better beast???
Yep that's the plan ? after winter, it will be even crazier. I have also been cooking something different and never done before (as far as I know) to the truck itself. I'm Gunna leave it at that. You'll have to wait and see. Hint, it will be even more Frankenstein than it already is

Another piece to the puzzle, can't run without gas and can't have gas without a storage can .....or 2
IMG_20190620_173911.jpg
1 is for e85, the second is for 91 (aka my purge fuel). I went over why I need a purge fuel a billion times so I'm not gunna repeat it cuz I hate talking about that boring stuff.

Last edited:
thats crazy with those diffs exploding, doesn't surprise me for how much power those engines can generate, but still impressive.
weirdly it didnt show that there was new stuff on the forum bell thing at the top, so a bit late to the party lol

thats crazy with those diffs exploding, doesn't surprise me for how much power those engines can generate, but still impressive.
weirdly it didnt show that there was new stuff on the forum bell thing at the top, so a bit late to the party lol
Yeah,and you haven't seen even the craziest part. People with super 71cc alx engines (not even the alx 85 or rcmax 80 or 90) and blowing up even fully built transmissions no problem. Mark35 sent a vid in the chat room I created and dude blew up a fully built transmission, smashed the diff case, blew apart the hardened steel blackbone gears (the best you can get), broke the transmission case. It's crazy! Here's the vid,
That's a 85 /\ though

Yeah,and you haven't seen even the craziest part. People with super 71cc alx engines (not even the alx 85 or rcmax 80 or 90) and blowing up even fully built transmissions no problem. Mark35 sent a vid in the chat room I created and dude blew up a fully built transmission, smashed the diff case, blew apart the hardened steel blackbone gears (the best you can get), broke the transmission case. It's crazy! Here's the vid,
That's a 85 /\ though
Ok all good, through a large motor in your rc.......get a second job or a third a well ?
Ok Tr trans case$135 Tr cnc diff $79 all three gears $80 lay shaft $40....... lets say $300 maybe a top plate or chassis damage....... from I understand regular transmission failure is par for the course how many times are you prepaid for this before you get the poop's twice three times? Me ×3 @ $300 ago would be x2 too many for me...... just saying

Ok all good, through a large motor in your rc.......get a second job or a third a well ?
Ok Tr trans case$135 Tr cnc diff $79 all three gears $80 lay shaft $40....... lets say $300 maybe a top plate or chassis damage....... from I understand regular transmission failure is par for the course how many times are you prepaid for this before you get the poop's twice three times? Me ×3 @ $300 ago would be x2 too many for me...... just saying
My engine won't be powerful enough to blow a fully built transmission even when I have a bigger carb and proper pipe (theoretically of course) so I'll probably just leave it when I have a bigger carb and proper pipe instead of porting it, don't have the funds to be blowing built transmissions left and right, so until someone does a full redesign and make a extremely strong transmission that will take a load of power reliably, I won't get it ported/ported.

I'd just hate to have a rig that breaks a lot of the time.......I can deal with teething issues but you want to get to a point where you can have a run with minimal or 0 repairs like a tank or two without a major failure..... ???
Yep same here. Especially when something breaks with a fully upgraded big bore (mine is far from fully upgraded but it will get there at one point), it gets very expensive very quick.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks