• Kinda

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • YES

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Nah I'll pass

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote : "It doesn't matter what pull start it is, i still have to mess with the flywheel."

Hmmm WRONG!!.......
I got a rope you can pull and i guarantee it'll fire everytime!!

You know... Yeah that vinyl covered braided cable type don't break. ?
(As long as there is spark+gas-it'll fire right up)
??

It doesn't matter what pull start it is, i still have to mess with the flywheel.

Ah ,does the fly wheel have mounting holes for a starter unit ,an how does one hook it up to that style fly?
That is one of those aftermarket fly's with out fins?

Ah ,does the fly wheel have mounting holes for a starter unit ,an how does one hook it up to that style fly?
That is one of those aftermarket fly's with out fins?
No holes in the flywheel, that's what I have to do to the flywheel. The flywheel is off of a nitro rustler or nitro 4 tec with a magnet for the Traxxas telemetry system that's been modded (the center hole opened up and a keyway cut in it) to fit my crank. I used this because it was tiny, it saved me from making a 1 off flywheel which would be very expensive. I needed a very small one (my one is 36mm i believe) becuase the way my ignition system was designed (by me) and space limitations. I'm sure I can figure something out tho.
This is the flywheel
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/telemetry/6542
Quote : "It doesn't matter what pull start it is, i still have to mess with the flywheel."

Hmmm WRONG!!.......
I got a rope you can pull and i guarantee it'll fire everytime!!

You know... Yeah that vinyl covered braided cable type don't break. ?
(As long as there is spark+gas-it'll fire right up)
??
If I don't need to mod the flywheel for a starter pawl for a pull start, then where in the hell am I supposed to put a rope????????????????????????¿¿¿¿¿¿?????¿?¿?¿¿???
I got a rope you can pull
I ain't Gunna pull yer rope!!!! I'm staying loyal to my Doug and his rope ???

Last edited:
Question, so I have 2 options, buy a used cordless drill (my original one was corded) which would be easy to start the engine but annoying as hell, but would replace my really powerful drill (the one that blew up) that would help elsewhere such as drilling holes into really thick stuff, or for the same price buy one of them easy pull start set ups that would be practical but wouldn't replace my really powerful drill? If I were to go pull start, would I really need to drill holes in my flywheel? Cuz I notIced that the pawl thingy that goes on the crank doesn't have any holes other than the center one that is threaded so I'd assume you wouldn't need any other holes but tell me what you think. Heres the same type pawl thingy the starter comes with https://www.rovanrc.com/pull-starts...it-catch-plate-for-rofun-45cc-lt/slt-engines/
I know most will just automatically jump to the pull start but take into account that I don't only a more powerful drill (relative to my tiny Ryobi) for starting the Baja, I use it for drilling holes in thick stuff, and more.

Ok so for the sake of not jamming this thread up even more, I will now be giving updates and all types of that stuff on a new my new thread "Z's 71cc Baja 5T". The thread is long enough, and technically, the build is pretty complete, bugs aren't worked out yet but the final form (stuff will change such as carb and pipe in the future but that's not really a major change) is pretty much here. So I won't be replying here anymore and don't comment here, I will only reply if it's a new member who doesn't know really anything about what I'm doing and have a great question. Other than that, don't expect a reply. See ya in my new thread!!!

Ok so for the sake of not jamming this thread up even more, I will now be giving updates and all types of that stuff on a new my new thread "Z's 71cc Baja 5T". The thread is long enough, and technically, the build is pretty complete, bugs aren't worked out yet but the final form (stuff will change such as carb and pipe in the future but that's not really a major change) is pretty much here. So I won't be replying here anymore and don't comment here, I will only reply if it's a new member who doesn't know really anything about what I'm doing and have a great question. Other than that, don't expect a reply. See ya in my new thread!!!
Should post a link to the new thread on here :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks