dbxl buggy shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawsiDBXL

Just wondering if there's a better shock setup than these stock shocks? Maybe something with more travel in the so the ass end doesn't bottom out and flip the dbxl forward..just broke my shock cap that mounts it to the tower and seeing if there's better options

dbxl shocks

The only ones I have came with my 5ives so I've never bought them yet but I'm about to by the tuning kit losi sells there is almost a complete set in it for my race truck and put those on my DBXL
Just a ruff guess $250 by parts to build them

Last edited:
Hmm 5000, I just want to make it so the damn thing doesn't bottom out and flip the ass end forward in the air going on flat terrain lol...

I have yet to run mine off of any type of jump or real off road terrain. I've added a wing so that should help with the ass end coming up. Try a bit more ride height in either the front or the rear.

Yeah I added the spare tire in the back. Helps a little but when the back bottoms out it kicks it in the air...annoying as hell! More ride height would be great. I moved the shocks to the furthest hole out on the shock towers. Seems to be no different

Tried turning the shock collars down? Recommended ride height is where the control arms are level with the ground, topped with fuel. On mine, the collars are pretty much at the top of the shock. Lots of ride height to be gained by moving those collars down. Sometimes doesn't require much change. Just enough to keep it from making contact with the jump face and slowing the vehicle down, causing the weight to transfer forward

I have yet to run mine off of any type of jump or real off road terrain. I've added a wing so that should help with the ass end coming up. Try a bit more ride height in either the front or the rear.

I have a wing on mines as well, similar to yours. Every time I jump a ramp the ass end comes up regardless of the jump. I need to full throttle on bigger jump just to level out. If it's above 12ft of air, forget any leveling, it will dive face first. I am also looking forward to fix this issue, much more fun jumping it.

Yeah I've basically tried all shock options so far. Would be nice for some spring options or something to keep it the chassis plate off the ground lol. Mine nose dives pretty good haha

There are some video clips I see where the buggy flies flat and others that it's diving hard. Interested to see how the weight is distributed on the buggy by scaling each end. Really geeking out here, lol, but I'm really curious to see now this thing is gonna handle. I'm gonna change to 5000 oil before anything tho.

I think I'm gonna get some 5k too. I'll be running it this weekend, I can report back after that!

Keep us posted with the 5k oil results. I will def do the same if it delivers good result. I've nose dived straight in the ground from 15ft and it was a bad feeling, nothing broke tho luckily.

Another thing to note is the dbxl chassis flex pretty hard. I have a jet pro pipe painted red and at the bottom of pipe the chassis brace rubbed it, at the top of the pipe the body frame rubbed it, it's a good 1 inch of clearance at least.

dbxl shocks

Just a note the 5000 really helps if I could find 6000 it would be in mine but I've only found 7000 at hobby shop and I don't want to waste the 5000 just 2 tanks on it and I'm afraid the 7000 my be a little to much call me a tight ass but at $28 dollars to change oil I'm about to pour in baby food jar and and reuse it if I'm wrong
You guys that are jumping might like the 7000 better and when it's hot this summer it may be spot on all around

Last edited:
Depending on how 5000 does this weekend. I'll probably go up from there. Unless 5000 keeps it on the ground

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks