dbxl buggy shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm I might look into those craftwerk extenders. How long and what size shims did you have to use?

I just put a couple diff shims between the hub and carrier, same size as the hub, there was just a little bit of slop, nothing serious, big help if you over power it, I can't wait to get the stock wheels back on it, I think after they get taped up they will be nice,

I just put a couple diff shims between the hub and carrier, same size as the hub, there was just a little bit of slop, nothing serious, big help if you over power it, I can't wait to get the stock wheels back on it, I think after they get taped up they will be nice,
Post a pic of what "taped up" means. I have an idea, but just wanna make sure I know what you mean.

It's simple, you take your tires turn them inside out and carefully run 2 wraps off gorilla tape around the center of the tire, you make sure the tape is flat and not causing any creases in the rubber, then a single wrap around the foam, what I do I'd start the roll, pul off a couple feet and let the roll hang, it keeps pressure on the tape and you work it around the tire making sure you have the tread nice and flat, you'll get the hang of it on your first one and be a pro. I only do 2 wraps on 5th scale tires, all my monster truck stuff only needs one, you'll see a huge difference in performance when the whole tire is on the ground and not turning into what I call a pizza cutter. I know I did a video way back on the subject, search Al Morancy on the tube and you'll find my channel, or search tire taping if you need anything else. Good luck it's easy, sorry for the long story

Atye, I was looking at a bottle of losi 90 wt oil I have. It's like water compared to the 7000cst oil I put in my shocks. You might want to look into something heavier weight for those shocks. I haven't personally had a chance to really see the effectiveness of my set up, but the word on the street is 5000cst or higher. Differential oil is what you should look for. Shock oil just isn't thick enough to slow these big spring shocks down. The nose dive is caused by the chassis bottoming out on the jump face then the shocks rebounding too quickly.

New here, been posting on other forums. 1st day at the track with my DBXL and was pleased with the way the truck handled with my shock settings, especially while jumping. 5k diff fluid all around and about 3/4 down on the preload adjustment. Much of the bucking was gone but not completely, throttle control is also key, you cant lay on the throttle and expect it to pop off the jumps level every time! The landings weather flat or off camber felt pretty smooth & controlled. That being said I will still be fitting some brand new 5ive-t shocks I recently scored.

The stock shocks will work just fine when a tuning kit is released but I highly recommend 5k+ fluid and ramping up the preload.

Yea, I lucked out picking up a brand new complete set for a fraction of the price. It actually isn't that hard to get a parts list and build some. A bit pricey but from what I can tell they are on a different level. Tomorrows track visit will tell me the whole story. When I was racing motocross a good suspension setup was just as if not more important than having a ton of power to get around the track fast. I am not giving up on the stock shocks at all, will hold on to them and wait for a tuning kit.

FID Racing makes a pretty nice shock set for the 5t. Same price as desert buggy stock shocks. Their site doesn't have prices so I don't think general public can order from them but I did see a price somewhere, just can't remember where :/ All of the cool parts that are available for the 5, will soon be available for the buggy. Just a matter of time. I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
They pop up on eBay at times. There are GTBs there now, same company. I would go with the Losi shocks, the materials the aftermarket uses on shocks are not great. I bought the FID chassis parts because I had no choice, everything was on back order, otherwise I would support a reputable company.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks