DBXL !DBXL! shock rebuild !help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YungDawdy

Hi, I am in the process of rebuilding my dbxl suspension, I have stripped them down to the bottom caps and have came across 3 clear o rings and 3 metal washers (per shock) each on top of one another starting with a clear o ring and a metal washer on top. The clear o rings have some wear on them and I am wanting to replace them for all 4 shocks so I will be needing 12 in total. Where do I find these o rings and washers? And what thickness shock oil is recommended?

Attachments

• 3AC69771-B4C4-42C8-A808-A7DD542E2560.png
    3AC69771-B4C4-42C8-A808-A7DD542E2560.png
    507.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 58182E43-D05D-4988-B4D5-D9BDBCC93A52.png
    58182E43-D05D-4988-B4D5-D9BDBCC93A52.png
    352.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 12A9B523-7747-4B03-A0C8-801F458ED983.png
    12A9B523-7747-4B03-A0C8-801F458ED983.png
    629.4 KB · Views: 4
  • A184CB2E-52B9-4C2D-ADBF-AD9D79D45FC6.png
    A184CB2E-52B9-4C2D-ADBF-AD9D79D45FC6.png
    547.8 KB · Views: 4
I can’t help but notice that there is only 4 of the o rings and no metal washers and there is also 2 bottom caps Are my shock seal set up wrong or do I have to order 2 of them kits to complete 1 shock and where do I find the washers? Thanks dean.

I can’t help but notice that there is only 4 of the o rings and no metal washers and there is also 2 bottom caps Are my shock seal set up wrong or do I have to order 2 of them kits to complete 1 shock and where do I find the washers? Thanks dean.
That kit is to rebuild (2)shocks. Guess you have to reuse the metal washers.
Thank you buddy. What sort we talking, is there any you would recommend or a popular set people use ?
Losi 5t fit iirc. @Seandonato73 , where you at bro?

That kit is to rebuild (2)shocks. Guess you have to reuse the metal washers.

Losi 5t fit iirc. @Seandonato73 , where you at bro?
Okay so the 5t shocks are better, may consider getting a set of them ones then, thank you for all your advice. Just one more thing. The dbxl I’ve got i recently purchased as a roller and am looking for an engine and pipe I wanted to go bigger than the stock engine and get a nice tuned pipe, I wanted the rovan 45cc with the vrc unsilenced pipe but we’re told I couldn’t do that is there an engine that’s better than stock that is compatible with a nice tuned pipe?

Okay so the 5t shocks are better, may consider getting a set of them ones then, thank you for all your advice. Just one more thing. The dbxl I’ve got i recently purchased as a roller and am looking for an engine and pipe I wanted to go bigger than the stock engine and get a nice tuned pipe, I wanted the rovan 45cc with the vrc unsilenced pipe but we’re told I couldn’t do that is there an engine that’s better than stock that is compatible with a nice tuned pipe?
I run a esp 30.5 in mine with dominator pipe and love it

Esp makes nice stuff. Give it a shot you'll be happy with the before and after. And I do believe 5t front shocks all around for that. @Seandonato73 should know
And Just to make sure, I’m searching esp g320 and it’s showing me the zenonah g320rc is that correct? And if so it’s saying it’s not a direct fit? What do I have to change ?

That i am not sure as I do not own anything under 32cc nor a dbxl. The dbxl guys should be able to help. Ive watched YouTube channels with 32cc and big bores but no mention on how they mounted them

Watch ebay for shocks, if your paying new price for stock shocks, then irc shocks are just a few bones more, and depending on your driving style you'll likley want slightly heavier springs for it, but that's a TBD type of thing. 45 or 50 wt shock fluid works well.
Perfect mate thanks, and the zenoah g320 is the engine I’ll be going for, I have to change the crankcase cover do you have a link for the one I need to change it to?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks