Discuss your Dynamic/Bergonzoni L/S RC here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually the 47t spur will slow you down as its larger. but yes you ll get more torque and wheel spin with the larger spur.
you ll want to get a bigger pinion for more speed or a smaller spur for more speed.
hope that don't happen with the boss.
the zen mounting setup i seen on Bergs site is about 220.00 usd! OUCHIES.
but with the price we can get the Zens for, it may not be to bad in the long run.

i haven't looked for a pdf of the manual yet. maybe i ll find one by this evening if im lucky.

thats a nice looking unit! i check out the shipping 300.00 to me in Michigan. ouchie. may be able to find something similar for less or the same after shipping at harbor fraight. on the baja forum in the "Other" catagory there is a great CNC thread going on, i ll like to it when the HBF is back online.

forums still being transfered to new server.
but it will be at www.hpibajaforum.com site.
you ll need to register, go to forums, and scroll down to the "other" module, and it will be in there under CNC something.
as soon as the forums is up and i can find the thread i ll link it, but ill be at the keyboard on and off most the day.

i found the pdf, but its in Italian, and i tried one translator with no luck, give me a bit to do some searching around, and i ll see if i can get it translated and into a pdf format!!!!
T

man, i ve searched the site but cant find it anywhere. it may of been lost a move ago as i haven't seen it in a while. maybe post a thread about CNC machine here or at the Baja forum. alot o smart cookies there!

I ll see if Woodie or Fast Eddy can put up a Bergonzoni Module, or move this to the OnRoad section of the fourms anyways.

It was just over 50 today and sunny, so Harris and I took the OnRoads up to the local park which has a HUGE new flat,. very thick paved parking lot last fall. this was the first run on my new Boss motor i bought for a song around xmass.

I had some problems getting it started right at first. i stuck the orig carb on the new motor, but was leaking at the carb/reed gaskets, so being the smart cookie i am, i brang the original carb with me and my tools, so 15 minutes later i had the new carb installed again and was pulling it over. no primer bulb so getting gas up was a bit of a female dog. but i got it going, and quickly realized i was also leaking air at the gas inlet do to a loose hose. a zip strip later, leak was gone, and the new motor was purring. the stock needles were very rich at first. almost 2 out on both. i set them to 1.5 on h and 1.25 on low, restarted and it was much better. after a quick few runs and haveing it up to temps, it was apparent it was still pretty rich on the H and a bit on low, so i brang it back, adjusted the low a bit more and after a few runs was happy with it. still on the rich side.

so i turned to the high needle. did some medium passes and shortly later did a fwe high speeds and leaned it up after each pass a tad, about 1/18th turns max. finally got it going u to speed without sounding like it was gargleing Scope. after the ititial runs, im about 1.1 out on the L and 1.2 out on the high. i ll leave it hear for the moment, and run it a few more times before i get to serious tuning after the 3rd tank. only run thru about 3/4s tank today, but i can already tell the Boss motor is a quick mofo!!!.

But for the damage rpt. i was going pretty fast and started to slip, had the brakes locked up ( not fuly set up yet ) and slide into the snow bank front first with Porche lid on. OUCH looked bad! but it only made 2 cracks on the front lid where the front body mounts are, no biggie, a quick piece of lexan and its all fixed up.

the other issue i had, which caused the day to end a bit short was i ate up the spur gear. so my next question is i wonder if an FG spur will work. or the spur/carrier setup? i would think it would, but im not sure the shaft sizes are the same or not. anyone know this one?

i ll have to get a few spare spurs form GBdirect. Griff, what the link for that place. or is that the guy in Florida? if so i ll give him a call.
i wonder what other gearing options are.

if i can get an alloy spur to fit the stock carrier then that could be cool.
seems there was a bit of play i didnt get out.

so thats todays run report. some nice running on the new motor and once i get 3 or more tanks thru it, i m sure it ll just scream.

that single shock up front can be very usefull once you understand the principle and have it set up right.

Timmah when i ordered the brakes from GBdirect I asked him about spur gears and he said he did not have any. The first time I ran my car I lost a coupe of screws on that hold the rear end on and it lifted up and stripped the spur gear. I found a guy on rcuniverse that had an extra gear that he sold me.
But if you want to try the 47t gear this guy sells them http://www.trax.to/gbf1 he is somewhere is florida and I think the gears were like 13 bucks or something.

yep, i have GBf1 on my bookmarks. but thought i d see if the other guys had any. i ll give the fla guy a shout this afternoon.

GBF1 only has the 48 tooth gears, i need the 42. time to look at the nibs fg and see how my pinion meshes with this spur.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks