Discuss your Dynamic/Bergonzoni L/S RC here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol. i took my extra spur over and the mesh appeard to be good. then i pulled my spur off and took a look at the carrier. both have dual flat spots and appear to be identical for shaft diameter.
so i ordered an FG 42T spur and carrier to see if i can make it work.
the one differance i see is the berg bell and pinion are one piece. where the FGs use bolt on pinions, though the spurs look nearly identical.
i ordered from LargescaleRC and choose usps priority. should be here in a few days!!! wi ll see. the only option if this don't work is to got directly to Raco.

I sure hope it works, that would be an easy replacement rather than ordering from raco. Let us know. I was just thinking if the fg spur works I wonder if we could put a two speed setup on our bergs.

Last edited:
I guess if we all bought a couple, and shared the shipping from Raco, it would save, i can always use more Berg parts.

Yeah me too, I am sure I will break something if I ever get the car up and running again. It has been apart for 3 weeks now trying to get the brakes on. I have been really busy with work lately so I have no time to work on it.

I found a guy here in Mi that has parts On hand. I m talking with him about the items I need, ie spur gears and new piston and ring for the original motor, as well as other goodies he has.
what parts are you guys looking for? I may be able to get a list from him of what he has available. I asked and just waiting for a reply?

but yea a group buy from Raco would work. theres a guy looking to order from HobbyTek in anohter thread, he needs carson gastanks and air filters. Im sure Wolfgang can get those items too.

as soon as i find out about the parts i ll let you guys know.
im hopeng the FG Carrier and Spur i ordered yesterday will get here tomorrow so I can see if it fits.
the hardest thing with the 2 speeds is the pinions. on the FGS pinions are bolted on. on our bergs they are milled into the clutch bell

I talked to Danaillie (?) at bergonzoni sometime ago, she also said we could order direct becasue we are in the states, not to take away from Wolfgang! But an option.

Yes, I spoke via email with her/him ( not sure if its Daniel or Danielle? ) last fall. unfortunately the prices direct from the factory were about 100% more than from Raco???? for istance the piston and ring, i can get from Wolfgang for around 60.00 it was over 120 direct from Berg.

i saw that, the Dom has been on RCU for awhile, way to much money if you ask me. But i am watching that new Brave LOL. Just got my stuff from Largescalerc, i'm not buyin anything for years!!! LOL

I just want time to run the one I've got!!!! Work has had me so busy lately, we are building a brand new 10 million dollar post production facility at showtime networks which i have to maintain so i have to be there everystep of the way. One thing is nice the OT which helps pay for the toys.

Showtime, must be nice to get free cable? lol. We are moving to a new facility for my shop, and i haven't been able to work on anything, so i know how u feel, except for the OT, i'm salary.

should be here today. turns out the motor mount allow for some movement i didnt account for when i originally replaced the motor. it wasnt much, but enough that i was able to get the mesh tighter.

after i redressed the teeth on the spur gear and reset the motor (only had about 1/16 or 3/16s of play, not much but enough to open the mesh and chew up the last 1/8th in of teeth on the spur ) i should be able to use the spur i have still. seems got be fine.

when the fg gets here, i ll take a look. i think it will work. if NoMoa was able to get the fg carrier on the saft, it may be as easy as a stock FG spur. i ll post up as soon as i know with pics.
T

i haven't yet Griff. and not seen a looseing issue. as soon as i do, if i do, you can bet some 242 will go on.
FG stuff is here. just gotta fit it up. prolly wont run as it was 60 yesterday and barely brakeing 30 now for the next few days. but it is sunny out so maybe.lol

ok just about done messing with things.

first the bad news. the FG carriers are different in the rear than the one on my berg. but i think i could tap out the carrier pin and remove the shim behind it and use the fg carrier without issue.

now the good new. the fg spur went right on the Berg carrier without issue. heres one possilble small kink.
the berg carrier is a rch smaller in diameter than the fg. i don't have mics availabe so i didnt measure it. but you can see a very slight gap between the carrier and the spur. i don't think it will be an issue. the bergs bumper pads go in tight to the fg spur and it doesn't appear to want to track.

so from above observations, the fg wont quite fit into the Berg spur! thus confirming the berg carrier is a tad smaller.

so i see easy options for us for future referance.
1. use an fg gear and don't worry about it, unless i post back i had an issue due to the slighly smaller berg carrier.
2. remove the carrier cross pin and shim and use the full fg carrier and spur if the above is an issue.
3. becuz of the pinion being part of the clutch bell, we cant use the FG pinions unless a mod is made. looks like it would be quite involved. so if you want to go this route, i suggest the Zen motor mount form Dynamic and just run a zen motor. which if you want to run legal roar type races, you may have to do becuz the boss is a reed case motor, not piston port.????.

here s a few pics so you can see the results.

DSCN2474.gif

old spur off note: remove pin and shim on carrier shaft, and the fg carrier should work, may need small shim to reduce drag
DSCN2475.gif

stock berg carrier/spur
DSCN2476.gif

stock fg carrier/spur 47mm carrier/ 42t spur
DSCN2477.gif

side by side of both
DSCN2480.gif

FG spur on berg carrier
DSCN2482.gif
DSCN2483.gif

Last edited:
installed
DSCN2486.gif
DSCN2488.gif
DSCN2487.gif
DSCN2490.gif

all i need to do in put the pita snap ring back on and its ready to go. the mesh is great!. very smooth.
so grab a berg pinion of choice and mount up the fg spurs if your in a pinch on your berg!!!!!!!!!!!
BONUS!

Timmahh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks