Discuss your Dynamic/Bergonzoni L/S RC here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you guys put offroad tires on your onroad berg and ran it offroad. I was thinking about putting some marder wheels and tires on my brave 2 and modifying the body slightly and running it through the grass. Any comments.

no i haven't, though i have thought about it.

the Braves are slightly different than the Dominators. lower ride heights and i was told the chassis though similar where infact different on teh Doms.

i think as long as you werent making big jumps it would be fine. thatn and being sure you have a GOOD air filter set up.
T

nope i got the Baja so no need. lol unless i want to run today, baja Exploded and then sneezed and lost its purple. it at the spa getting a full rub down. i think the explosion left it a bit beshevlded.

i don't think so, but there is a conversion i thing for FG to 17mm hexes so you can run any 17mm rim/tire combo i beleive. the FG squares are the same as teh bergs but it may push your tires out a bit, which may be a cool look. speially if you can do a real LOW PROFILE type tire setup.

I might try that cause my tires that came on the car are getting pretty bald and causing the car to handle really poorly. Actually I am blaming the tires for pushing me into a curb on saturday and snapping my right upper control arm. It didnt break the plastic but snapped the metal adjustment screw, which I now need to find a replacement for. I will try to take some pics tonight so you know what I am talking about.

could of been too hard a compound tire if it was warm out. the warmer out it is the harder tire compound you want to run.

grab a pic, i MAY have the part your talking about, but chances are 50 50 i don't.lol
T

Last edited:
i have seen one of the cheapie ebay on road models with marder tires and wheels running through the yard. it wasnt doing to bad with it. you must get an off road air filter though, i know the on road filters arent designed to catch alot of dirt and stuff.

I would do it if i had one, actually plan on getting one of those on road cars that people are trying to unload on ebay, ill also get a set of marder buggy tires and put those on when i wanna all terrain it.

I'm strictly a basher though, i don't have any type of race tracks within 2 hours from me so i just mess around the house.

ok redid 2 of the bergs a bit. here they are. let me know what you think.
I m basically ready to start anodizing so you all can have your own colors flying.

ran my brave thru the ano line. did a few different colors. a gold ( which is a pretty darkish orange, from being in the dye bath a while. i wanted to get a bit burnt orange/copper colored, so this is pretty good.
the Red i was hoping it would be a bit brighter, or more blood like as the shock bodys are. but its not to bad. i left the yellow/goldish color from stock.

LMK what you think.
ATM im basically ready to start anodizing anyones aluminum anodizing needs.
more on this in a few days.

Timmahh

The Project

DSCN2497.gif
DSCN2769.jpg
the Process
DSCN2808.jpg
DSCN2811.jpg
DSCN2813.jpg

The Assembly
DSCN2817.jpg
DSCN2815.jpg
DSCN2822.jpg
DSCN2819.jpg
DSCN2826.jpg

the red looks like my other red bits :D I like the orange too

I was about to polish all the aluminum up, but this sounds cool too. I wouldn't mind a few things anodized coming up. Will you also be doing black? I'd like one vehicle done with black and I will clean off the edges later like the Xray stuff. I like the polished aluminum outline over black. The red might look good like that too..

yes, if you go to the Baja section of the forum, you can see my baja done in green and black!

heres a few pics of the 1st job i did on the 1st Brave.

i did all the yellow and all the blue in the rear. the radio place and front end assembly is stock blue anodizing, the color i matched for this job.
DSCN2772.jpg
DSCN2773.jpg
DSCN2774.jpg
DSCN2776.jpg

heres one of the black on the Baja for color comparisons.
DSCN2699.jpg

Timmah when you have a chance can you take some detailed pictures of how your rear disc brakes are setup. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to hook up the cable running from the servo to the rear without it rubbing on the spur gear. Thanks in advance.

Here is a shot of how they were set up on the first one,

DSCN2169.gif
DSCN2164.gif
DSCN2173.gif
DSCN2174.gif

which is now the orange/red one. this one shows how I set this up this time.

DSCN2833.jpg
DSCN2834.jpg

its a bit hard to see in first pic of these last two, but if you look by the Outerwears midway on the right side of it, you can see the orange brake mount/brace mount between the rear bulkheads. thats the cable mount from the servo is at.
i will say i have to work on the rears, so im not sure i ll be keeping this cable route and rear set up or not, but it does need a bit of work to be right.

atm the fronts are working really well, but the rears just arent there yet.

i ll be pissing with the setup trying to get the rears better, but it may just be the old HItec 615 in it getting weak. im going to swap out a pretty new 645 i have here and it should do the trick im hoping.

i don't have a really clear pic of that area yet. so after i get done swaping servos and see if its better, i ll post new pics with better angles.

Thats what I couldn't figure out where that brake mount/brace went. I think I can get it set up now. The front brakes work fairly well once I shortened the length of the cables to be a short as possible, they have much better response now.

Thanks for the pics I will most some pics of the car tomorrow morning and the work i have done.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks