DOOMS DAY Virus discussion thread AKA Oh Fek my phone is tapped ??‍♂️?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think its gonna be all that bad. I can't speak for other countries, but the US economy was built on a strong foundation of jobs, not just market bloat. Yes we'll take a hit, but the bounce back should be rapid.

The virus itself, while definitely a concern to some, really isn't all that deadly. We've seen worse only 10 short years ago with H1N1. Far more got infected (60m), far more got real sick, and far more passed on. The only part thats new is the media working people up into a frenzy. They didn't panic like this over ebola for christ sake, and that killed something like 60% of infected people.

We have seen this before, many times. We survived far worse, many times. Buying into the panic isnt gonna help anyone, its only gonna make it worse. Im amazed how we shut our country down over this. Its a unprecedented step never taken for viruses that kill thousands, if not tens of thousands (flu) yearly. Now we did it over 40 deaths? A number thats not really climbing all that fast for a virus thats been in country for weeks. Politicians at their finest I guess.?

Well if Joe Schmoe was getting sick it wouldn't be a big deal but when people like Tom Hanks gets sick along with political players from around the world then in their eyes it gets serious thought.
Indeed. My concern level is slightly lower than if my asswipe supply is sufficient though. As you can see, im not concerned much.15841765372242573440307850619921.jpg

Daamn you lucky, were running low ?‍♂️ and no it's not worth my Baja, I'll use my feking cat before i send you it ???
You should see our supply closet at work. My aunt really buys in bulk. If we had less than 10k rolls, id be shocked. Haven't had to purchase in years.? If times get desperate ill mail some of yall in the states a few rolls each. Better only wipe every second poop to be safe.

Mine has a blow dryer. But I still use a bit of tissue to expedite.
Never seen any with a blow dryer ? mines a handheld one
Huh, we have a few boxes of little purel bottles with company name on them I could sell to. Who'd of thought poop paper and novelty hand cleaner was my path to extreme wealth.?
Gotta be an entrepreneur man ?

Here in austria they closed schools and everything but food stores, pharmacy, postal services and the like. There were supposed to be communal elections this weekend - also canceled.
I work in the communal administration meaning normal work next week. People are asked to avoid contact though. No marriages, parties, cultural events - nothing.
Gave me time to get my second hand marder clone into good condition though. There's that. :)

Stay healthy everyone!

Im more worried about the older fellows, as im young and healthy (as in no under lying problems, if you want to talk diet that's something else lmao) and have a very low chance of death. But over 60 , yeah that's the danger zone apparently , stay safe y'all.

Im more worried about the older fellows, as im young and healthy (as in no under lying problems, if you want to talk diet that's something else lmao) and have a very low chance of death. But over 60 , yeah that's the danger zone apparently , stay safe y'all.

Thanks mate.
We're both 66 and my wife has had 2/3 of her right lung removed so I'm worried for her.

Don't worry to much. Its not gonna ravage the world. Its been known about since December. So isnt spreading all that fast compared to previous pandemic viruses. Its not hitting hard in most southern hemisphere climates, so is likely to weaken substantially as the weather breaks up north. Just like all the other corona family and flu viruses. The numbers don't lie. If you focus on those and ignore the talking heads, you'll see its not worth getting worked up over. We do see viruses like this regularly (look up viral pandemics). We make vaccinations and life goes on.

Here in austria they closed schools and everything but food stores, pharmacy, postal services and the like. There were supposed to be communal elections this weekend - also canceled.
I work in the communal administration meaning normal work next week. People are asked to avoid contact though. No marriages, parties, cultural events - nothing.
Gave me time to get my second hand marder clone into good condition though. There's that. :)

Stay healthy everyone!

We have elections coming up here so we registered to postal vote.
Common sense would say delay the election.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks