DOOMS DAY Virus discussion thread AKA Oh Fek my phone is tapped ??‍♂️?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Things are not so crazy here .....shops have stuff only complaint right now is its cold❄❄❄

I'd stock up while you can cause it will get crazy pretty quickly if here is anything to go by.
Gl to you and your wife. Hope you don't get sick.

I'm hoping that living in such a small place will keep us from the worst of it.
We can work from home if we need to.

You should see our supply closet at work. My aunt really buys in bulk. If we had less than 10k rolls, id be shocked. Haven't had to purchase in years.? If times get desperate ill mail some of yall in the states a few rolls each. Better only wipe every second poop to be safe.
Funny you mention that, I just told my boss I'll no longer be using my home toilets, as it's cheaper for me to crap at work .
All fun aside I Have to agree with the points made. The hype is invented. I think were at about 2% death rate here in the states, which is inflated due to the lower number of infected patients.
@siblues, yes I do think a medical quarantine for incoming people would have helped stop the spread, or at least help some countries get ahead of the curve. Imo, and I'm an idiot...

I had some clients and customers say they had friends with the coronavirus and said they'd have cold like symptoms for a day or so, then a sudden fever towards the 100F mark for another day, then be fine again after another day.

This is spreading and the fear is that there isnt a vaccine for it and the human immune system isnt used to it. And it hates those who are elderly and have preexisting conditions as no child has died from it as of 3/14/20 @ 1055AM CST.

I have taken it seriously, but when the death toll reaches 100,000 and 3 billion are infected then I will be in full panic, everyone's going to die mode, until then, it will take it course, smart people will find a vaccine and everyone will get over it.

2 people in our city have the virus so far. The 1 person got it while in Italy and the other one they don't no how she got it .

Everyone that's got it here in Oz has either been overseas or been in contact with someone who's buun o/s
No community cases.

Last edited:
Hello to all.
I am 60 and retired US Navy. I live just south of Houston and things here have not been too bad but we are seeing changes. TP is the same here as everywhere else but for the most part it is controlled chaos. My wife is a high school biology teacher and the schools here will be closed for at least one week which she is grateful for. I have experienced an outbreak before on a much smaller scale of coarse but it taught me a few lessons and it will run it's course.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/7/3/01-7320_article

I have "stocked up" on things for most of my life probably due to having been raised by grandparents that grew up during the Great Depression, having a wife that grew up in the middle of nowhere Arkansas as well as living in a area known for frequent hurricanes, August 2017 hurricane Harvey dumped 57" of rainfall in two days. Having been prepared ahead of time made the ordeal much easier to deal with. The run that you see on things now is due to people that are never prepared for anything. I guess wiping their asses is their first priority . I personally know far to many of them. They are the same people that are late for work every day because of the train that comes by every day at the same time.

We will get through this and hopefully learn a few good lessons that will help to prepare us for the next problem. Once done we
replenish our stores and go on about life. To quote Jeff Goldblum from Jurassic Park, "life finds away".

Very simply put, a vaccine contains the basic genetic make-up of the virus without actually infecting you. It's like providing your immune system with a mug shot of the what the actual virus looks like. This enables it to create the antibodies that will be able to identify the virus, determine it's a bad bad thing, and eliminate it.

Without a vaccine, your body will be under attack, and your immune system will have no means to identifying which cells are infected at first. If you are young and healthy, you will go through the various stages of an illness while your immune system learns how to identify and destroy the pathogen.

If you are older, very young, or otherwise have a compromised immune system, you will die of the symptoms before your immune system can get to that point. The vaccine helps you to avoid the risk factors of actually being sick, while still building up your body's immunity.

This is why, every year, the seasonal flu vaccine is offered first to the young and elderly, generally for free in most cities.

A vaccine does NOT stop someone from spreading the virus. That's why there are imposed quarantines. If you are young and healthy or have been vaccinated, you can still spread the disease.

Last edited:
Very simply put, a vaccine contains the basic genetic make-up of the virus without actually infecting you. It's like providing your immune system with a mug shot of the what the actual virus looks like. This enables it to create the antibodies that will be able to identify the virus, determine it's a bad bad thing, and eliminate it.

Without a vaccine, your body will be under attack, and your immune system will have no means to identifying which cells are infected at first. If you are young and healthy, you will go through the various stages of an illness while your immune system learns how to identify and destroy the pathogen.

If you are older, very young, or otherwise have a compromised immune system, you will die of the symptoms before your immune system can get to that point. The vaccine helps you to avoid the risk factors of actually being sick, while still building up your body's immunity.

This is why, every year, the seasonal flu vaccine is offered first to the young and elderly, generally for free in most cities.
Ahhhhh that makes sense, thx for the explanation ?

I have never had a flu shot and probably won't for many years to come.I am also a lifelong type 1 diabetic so I am not the most healthy person out there but I rarely get sick maybe once a year or sometimes it skips a year.I get the flu but it makes me sick for day or two and then I am good to go.I think part of the problem now is peoples immune systems are a bit weaker due to anti-bacterial overload and there are sooo many vaccines now.I may be an idiot but I look at the immune system like a boxer that needs to stay in shape and spar/box to keep in fighting form and I think the immune system needs to be attacked from time to time to keep functioning at 100%.I am not saying go out and start licking public toilets but you don't need to wipe your kids down as soon as they step in the house with clorox wipes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks