Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn you Doug! I had an ESP motor build sitting in my cart at DDM, and now I'm thinking I should just get that OBR long block. Probably won't happen until this fall though, so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to convince the Accountant to not divorce my ass over it!

Seriously though, that's a real nice looking build! It's unfortunate your parts didn't all fit, but it looks like you're sorted anyway. Can't wait to see you rip of some turf with that bad boy!

Looking great there Doug ? that damn polished crankcase on ur truck makes me hate myself for feking my ano up and makes me just want to break out the oven cleaner and polish. But I have no time for that lol
Hey Z thanx?? it's all looking petty shiny all brand new and all? as for frankie concentrate on getting it running first??? got a feeling you'll still have a few hurdles to clear there and you can always change the crank color later??
Man that bites when something doesn't fit together like it should. Looking good otherwise ?
Yes it was like a jigsaw puzzle ? had to have every loose (bolts in 3/4) and then go round and tighten up?? I'd have to say that the losi is a hell of a lot easier to work on ????
Damn you Doug! I had an ESP motor build sitting in my cart at DDM, and now I'm thinking I should just get that OBR long block. Probably won't happen until this fall though, so hopefully I'll have plenty of time to convince the Accountant to not divorce my ass over it!

Seriously though, that's a real nice looking build! It's unfortunate your parts didn't all fit, but it looks like you're sorted anyway. Can't wait to see you rip of some turf with that bad boy!
Buying an OBR long block is the most cost effective way to get a modded motor??? or buying any block like a zen, as long as you have an older motor to strip for parts you smiling ?? . And at the end of the day buy original parts for your next build and you'll have an overall better build??

Buying an OBR long block is the most cost effective way to get a modded motor??? or buying any block like a zen, as long as you have an older motor to strip for parts you smiling ?? . And at the end of the day buy original parts for your next build and you'll have an overall better build??

Yeah, wasn't gonna go the route of a full engine, considering every important piece on my current one is aftermarket. Thinking about going with this: http://www.davesmotors.com/Zenoah-Complete-G340RC-34cc-Upgrade-Kit-for-G320RC-race-ported.html and building it from the bottom up. Not quite as fancy as Z's monster build, but it should be a fun project.

Hey Z thanx?? it's all looking petty shiny all brand new and all? as for frankie concentrate on getting it running first??? got a feeling you'll still have a few hurdles to clear there and you can always change the crank color later??
Yeah the only reason I said that was cuz I had the case split with no bearings at the time I sent it, would have been so easy. Probably should have ?‍♂️

Yeah, wasn't gonna go the route of a full engine, considering every important piece on my current one is aftermarket. Thinking about going with this: http://www.davesmotors.com/Zenoah-Complete-G340RC-34cc-Upgrade-Kit-for-G320RC-race-ported.html and building it from the bottom up. Not quite as fancy as Z's monster build, but it should be a fun project.
That's also a very solid option right there?? looks like youd only need a couple of extras ?? you should pull the trigger ???
Doug is this the one you sent back to them to fix? Glad to see its back !
Hey coop?? the motor with the bad head gasket ( loose head bolts ) is a piston port obr 34?? Sean sent me a rebuild gasket kit ??? I put a new head gasket and torqued down the head and it was all good , it's in my losi ?? after that sean offerd a discount on a new motor ?? so I bought a v2 reed34?? so I got X2 obr motors now?
Looking good Doug??
Thanx @curcialRC ?? youv been showing great support on my YouTube channel ??
Thanx for that I appreciate cheers M8 ????

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks