Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So one of the things I've noticed is most don't seem to load a ton of grease into the diffs/ trans areas. I've also been wondering if we start taking the inner seal out of the bearings if they will last any longer. doesn't make sense to choke off lube to something that desperately needs it, amd most failed bearings can be traced back to a lubricant related failure. To this end, on the 5ive I tried it with the inner pinion bearing, popped both seals out and backed the diff housing as full of grease as I could. I also had thoughts about doing the same to the dbxl, but sold it before it needed serviced again.

Thats a good thought? i landed up after the diff pic pulling it apart and starting over ?‍♂️ (was not entirely happy....slight binding when it was a all done up?‍♂️) put a butt ton of grease in the housing after?. Diff got rcmax high tensile drive pins and 500k oil
Thats a good thought? i landed up after the diff pic pulling it apart and starting over ?‍♂️ (was not entirely happy....slight binding when it was a all done up?‍♂️) put a butt ton of grease in the housing aftr?. Diff got rcmax high tensile drive pins and 500k oil
So one of the things I've noticed is most don't seem to load a ton of grease into the diffs/ trans areas. I've also been wondering if we start taking the inner seal out of the bearings if they will last any longer. doesn't make sense to choke off lube to something that desperately needs it, amd most failed bearings can be traced back to a lubricant related failure. To this end, on the 5ive I tried it with the inner pinion bearing, popped both seals out and backed the diff housing as full of grease as I could. I also had thoughts about doing the same to the dbxl, but sold it before it needed serviced again.

Lol whipped out the angle grinder and sorted the chassis??? now the mounting holes line up?? new problem cropped up?‍♂️ tank brace now hit the crank caseView attachment 70075
View attachment 70076
So iv started to work it do until it fits??
it's a shame doug, but only minor mods when alll said and done, to be expected when fitting a big bore anyways (y)(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks