Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to mention this the other day. When you add a 32,34, stock or full mod motor you have to trim down one of two things, the clutch housing or the spacer that the motor sits on(y)
I went for the spacer trim on mine so that the clutch house will stil work at a later date in my losi if i have too(y)
View attachment 51183

Ummmm What ?Where did you hear that . And why didn't you tell me when I was struggling with the install of my OBR 34 . I thought I was having trouble because of my TR rear upper plate. I ended up having to buy a TR v2 clutch carrier. to fix the issue. WTF

Ummmm What ?Where did you hear that . And why didn't you tell me when I was struggling with the install of my OBR 34 . I thought I was having trouble because of my TR rear upper plate. I ended up having to buy a TR v2 clutch carrier. to fix the issue. WTF
Sorry coop this is were I got the info??
For some reason didnt know you were having that issue

Sorry coop this is were I got the info??
For some reason didnt know you were having that issue
Just picking on ya. ? I bought the OBR for HPI . I saw that video before and it didn't even register in my mind. When I was having trouble it was with the gear mesh . Honestly if I had shaved that post down or the spacer it would have made the issue even worse . . Pretty sure the OBR is a drop in motor with out needing modification to fit .

If you get one for your HPI, I would ask them if you need to mod anything. I assumed a lot of MY fitment issues were due to Rovan crap. :ROFLMAO:

Just picking on ya. ? I bought the OBR for HPI . I saw that video before and it didn't even register in my mind. When I was having trouble it was with the gear mesh . Honestly if I had shaved that post down or the spacer it would have made the issue even worse . . Pretty sure the OBR is a drop in motor with out needing modification to fit .

If you get one for your HPI, I would ask them if you need to mod anything. I assumed a lot of MY fitment issues were due to Rovan crap. :ROFLMAO:
All good coop I just know how frustrating things can get especially when it makes little sense at the time?????

Yip gonna get a long block reed?? it has an option for an hpi clutch housing...... so I'll go for that until I want/need an upgrade and I'll ask but im sure if you take the hpi it is a straight drop in???

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks