Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took my rig for a burn today at this new bash spot(y) was quite early round 830am
grass was super wet + there seems to be a bit of a spring there as well. i have my new gears 19/55
which seems to add to the traction issue. i landed up with a few casualty`s lost a few wheel nuts lost a steering arm and totally wanked
and dog bone:rolleyes:(n):unsure:
View attachment 51335
so after my bash session i decided to check out how my mesh pull start (y) im pleased with how its working keeping 90%
of the muck out
View attachment 51336
View attachment 51337
View attachment 51338
View attachment 51343
got my rig home for a clean(y) this took two hours or so. took out the tank and radio tray ..........need a closed chassis:unsure:(y)
View attachment 51345
after a cart wheel my motor cut out(n) had a mud plug in the end of my pipe:oops:
View attachment 51346
this was some of the mud that came out. and a pic of the wanked dog bone(n):cry:
View attachment 51347
please excuse the filming it was a bit off today
Bummer mate... get some limiting cables Doug, they will stop the bones popping out?

Thanks mate

That thing moves ?

Allays wondered how they ran as they look short and narrow but they are light and 4wd. Might have to get me one of those
Its only a tad smaller than my losi??
For the 26cc zen it goes alright??
Turns like a baja like not like the losi
But once you adjust to that you good to go??

so while im waiting to get my FLM gear decided to take a few bits off the baja(y)
took off the one back hub...... bearings are totally wanked(n) they where both seized and you can see from the pics the drive was spinning inside the the bearing.:eek: good thing im changing them coz they both look wanked

Stripped off some more stuff on my rig??
Rear lower and upper arms dog bones and hubs?? after getting bearings yesterday and being 2 short o decided freshen up two that came off and where still ok. Took off the shields washed dryer and repack with black grease??51597515985159951600
Now they will be good for the next while??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks