Doug's hpi 5B SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm so far behind with the forum posts, i needs a proper catch up :),
watched the vid doug, bob on (y)(y), fresh intro as well ,
question, does cory use an electric starter ? or does he just manage a pull start,

He was in a surfing accident when he was 20😭 his wife helps with wrenching and starting. Then any field work/repairs one of us helps. Even loading his car is a problem 🤷‍♂️ . He is an excellent driver 👍🏻 never rolls not like me🤦‍♂️🤣😆😂
ah right doug,
always plenty people around to help him when needed then (y)(y),
loadings an issue for me as well, i made a lightweight steel tube frame up so i can slide the rc's into the boot and out again ,
still a proper pain even with the ramp slider doodad :LOL:

It must be super challenging 😱 on the + plus side lucky your hands still work 100%. I really don't mind helping a braaaap head out and its always more fun with extra lads about🤜🏻🤛🏻
yeh it can be super challenging doug, but yeh i'm lucky in that respect that i still have full use of hands etc,
cory has a much tougher time than me,
it makes a big difference when someones on hand to help you out if needed (y)(y),
i'm sure cory appreciates any help ya gives him doug (y)

I haven't posted here for a while🤔 my 65cc Taylor rig needs some attention.
After adding the Akihiro cage i wanted to balance/offset the extra weight. And after a massive stack that snapped a hinge pin 🤦‍♂️Screenshot_20220120-082028_Messenger.jpg
Thought it would be good for a strip down. 👍🏻20220119_170856.jpg
Found some other issues 🤔 bent the bonehead wheelie bar brackets😱🤷‍♂️20220119_170916.jpg
The snapped pin, pretty sure the braces are still good......still need to have a closer look👍🏻20220119_170925.jpg
Quite a few bolts where loose 😱 only 1 motor mount was tight😆20220119_174853.jpg
Got the rear end off as one👍🏻 next step is to strip and clean.....see if I need to order some more parts👌🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks