drive axle eject ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbroke

have a older kingmotor 001 that every time I roll it it pop's a drive axle. One side or the other. Is there some way to stop this?

Was told that , But thought it was for not ripping the cap/ends off ? Looked for the killer ones but it looks like they are no longer to get. Do you think if I put some spacers inside the shock bodies it would do the same thing?. I have aready put o-rings in cups to center the bones but they still pop out.....Stumped.

Was told that , But thought it was for not ripping the cap/ends off ? Looked for the killer ones but it looks like they are no longer to get. Do you think if I put some spacers inside the shock bodies it would do the same thing?. I have aready put o-rings in cups to center the bones but they still pop out.....Stumped.
Show a pic of your setup maybe. And yeah you could probably limit the shocks that way, I did that with my rustler a looonggg time ago. Have you changed the camber settings at all? Cuz too much positive camber will likely cause this.

Show a pic of your setup maybe. And yeah you could probably limit the shocks that way, I did that with my rustler a looonggg time ago. Have you changed the camber settings at all? Cuz too much positive camber will likely cause this.
the only thing I upgraded is the arms. I went to RPM arms front and rear and they seem to be alot softer and flex alot more. I never had shaft problems with the factory arms but I broke alot of those arms!.....Can't seem to win.. Only running - 1 degree

the only thing I upgraded is the arms. I went to RPM arms front and rear and they seem to be alot softer and flex alot more. I never had shaft problems with the factory arms but I broke alot of those arms!.....Can't seem to win.. Only running - 1 degree
Hmmm that's odd. I don't know then. It don't think think its the shocks over extending as you say you didn't have issues with the stock ones.

I might try the updated HD rovan arms but they as now only come in bright RED!. RIT dye should fix it!

That's freaking dumb, I did see that. You can still get some hd nylon rovan arms (black) on eBay tho!
No you are thinking of the gen 2 hd arms, the new gen 3 arms are all x braced like crazy and Dan from rovan does not have them in or listed yet. over in UK the stock for them is just in.

It's what i have on mine, came stock with it 2 years ago. Don't know why they stop selling em separately ? I will say I have banged curbs and stuff pretty hard and they haven't failed. They are nylon so they flex pretty good ?View attachment 53616View attachment 53617
Well that is handy! Are those super stiff ? , Do you feel they are the best arms rovan has made to date. Must come on RTR kits and newer ones at that.

Well that is handy! Are those super stiff ? , Do you feel they are the best arms rovan has made to date. Must come on RTR kits and newer ones at that.
I'm not sure how it would compare to for say rpm or the normal thin hpi arms as I've never had em. These are the only arms I've had on this truck which I'd say is a good thing ? they aren't super stiff but they aren't Gunna twist either

I think Dan keeps the good stuff out of our sight so he can sell off all his old over stock. I got to peek inside a set of the rovan 10mm big bore shocks and almost all of it is a plain flat out copy of Robert's big bore shocks from IRC, Same body bore and pistons are exact same even the thread on bodies is the same...BUT they dropped the ball on the front shock springs as they are bigger OD than the IRCs and will not fit down upper front arm at all, That is why rovan made a new arm cause they did not copy good enough!!!

on your photo of the front upper arm the pivot ball joint is flipped the wrong way/ upside down

Last edited:
How about back on topic and giving us more specific details about when the axles become disconnected ? Is it when you land hard from a jump ? Under hard acceleration ? Hard braking ? The first thing i would do is verify that you have the exact same geometry between the stock Rovan and your new aftermarket units. I would pay close attention to the measurement from the arm mount pivot hole to the face of the hub axle bearing.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks