D's HPI twin build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
long ass post alert :LOL:,
doug, you use vipers on the twin don't ya ?
not sure what foams yer using, but heres what i use on vipers,
bare in mind my vipers are knackered and the internal belts have gone a bit so they do balloon a tad,
right, i use the baja front foams, the open cell ones that aint joined,
get some spray glue or contact adhesive, glue the foams ends together to make a round foam,
then glue that foam to the rim, then two layers of gaffer tape around the foam, but spray glue the foam then stick the tape on once glues gone tacky,
leave to go off for a bit and get high on the fumes (y),
fit the vipers on the rims, gonna be a pain in the arse but stick with it,
bolt the beads on and off ya go, the front foams are much lighter than say a zero growth or moulded foam and they blow out less often,
they will still blow out but takes much more punishment before they do,
i always do the nut and bolt mod on the outer beads as well ya get a tighter lock wi the beadloc,
i did actually super glue the inner bead as well in the end cos thats the bead i pop the most,
so glue the tire to the rim at the ribs and then fit the beadloc without gluing ,
the front foams give that littlle bit of support to the viper, and as ya know vipers are stiff anyways,

First time iv done on the twin?‍♂️
Some good info cheers bud??
long ass post alert :LOL:,
doug, you use vipers on the twin don't ya ?
not sure what foams yer using, but heres what i use on vipers,
bare in mind my vipers are knackered and the internal belts have gone a bit so they do balloon a tad,
right, i use the baja front foams, the open cell ones that aint joined,
get some spray glue or contact adhesive, glue the foams ends together to make a round foam,
then glue that foam to the rim, then two layers of gaffer tape around the foam, but spray glue the foam then stick the tape on once glues gone tacky,
leave to go off for a bit and get high on the fumes (y),
fit the vipers on the rims, gonna be a pain in the arse but stick with it,
bolt the beads on and off ya go, the front foams are much lighter than say a zero growth or moulded foam and they blow out less often,
they will still blow out but takes much more punishment before they do,
i always do the nut and bolt mod on the outer beads as well ya get a tighter lock wi the beadloc,
i did actually super glue the inner bead as well in the end cos thats the bead i pop the most,
so glue the tire to the rim at the ribs and then fit the beadloc without gluing ,
the front foams give that littlle bit of support to the viper, and as ya know vipers are stiff anyways,

Its pretty solid ??only taken it twice so far and im happy?? youd have to some serious gymnastics to kill it??
How are you liking this wheelie bar so far? I really want a bebop one but they have been out of stock for some time.
Was just saying to @Haric Its a very tight fit with his sway mounts???
20201222_112346.jpg20201222_112400.jpg20201222_112407.jpg

Got a set of foams in today?? the previous ones where madmax and pretty soft? thses new ones are "xmax racing?" Never heard of them?‍♂️ quite firm?? id even say twice as firm as the last ones20201223_173001.jpg
They may last a bit longer ? well I'm hoping so??
Also got in a set of carb "668" its what the guy promised when I said "so they are real 668? Eh?‍♂️"..........?‍♂️ well they are not?20201223_174030.jpg20201223_174041.jpg20201223_174046.jpg
I'm running the 1197 on my losi and my reed 34 baja with out issue ?? and he said they where the same spec so I guess I'll give em a go?‍♂️

the 997 carbs are the exact same as the 668 ones doug (y),
its the 997's that are on my twin, thats what OBR supplied the twin with,
i think the number difference is as simple as the 997 is the code for the marine engines, and the rcmk bottom end used was origonally a marine engine ,
they are defo genuine walbro carbs (y),
same base settings as well, 1 1/4 low and 1 1/2 high,

quick question doug,
i seen you're using alloy insulator/isolator blocks in front of the carbs,
are you having any issues with heatsoak from the engine to the carbs with em ?
i always use the plastic ones cos of how hot the twins run,
just curious (y),

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks