D's HPI twin build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great vid doug, proper bashing (y)(y),
email mike, he may send you a new outdrive under i-rc warranty (y):D,
if not email rob ,
Yeah gotta get onto a warranty 👍🏻
Damn, I've seen people breaking the alx cups hut neve IRC ones 😯
+1 never seen that poop🤷‍♂️
Wow, that was quite the traction roll you had there 😳. Btw ur buddy’s esp 5t was flying
Yeah his car was flying 👍🏻 he just got an olimat pipe for it👍🏻
That was a nasty spill bro that thing must have been going almost 50🤣🤣
Yeah the spinny was at 50 in mid-air at least🤣🤣🤣

Just saw a few people breaking his losi axles too, I think hes having problems with hardening or something
Hardening isn't the issue here, a hard metal becomes brittle and won't flex at all.
I'm guessing they need annealing after hardening, a little flex isn't a bad thing.
Think of cast iron, very hard and can withstand massive compressive forces, try and bend it and it snaps.
Steel may not have the same compressive resistance but can bend/flex without snapping.

Plus after seeing how Dougs landed and buried the wheel any axle would of snapped.
I wonder if its something to do with the genesis wheels?? With them not having any tyre sidewall and it's all wheel it has a larger mechanical advantage in leverage over a plastic wheel with a larger rubber tyre. The genesis wheel is very rigid and designed not to flex, had it flexed you probably wouldn't of snapped your axle.
It's the same reason we use nylon bottom arms instead of aluminium ones.

Just thinking out loud there.

Thanks kev👍🏻 was just going through my emails and Rob harper (irc) was supposed to send out dives to me more than a month back .....still nothing so mailed him again with a new problem......so not sure what gives but it blows 🤯 coz like when will I get a replacement 🤷‍♂️ who feking knows 🤦‍♂️
Thanks kev enjoy myself bashing and carring on 👍🏻 making the vids helps me share the fun😄

just to add to kevs post above i think theres another issue with the outdrives as well,
just my opinion :LOL: but its still a 12mm drive/shaft when all said and done,
plus its hollow most the way up,
so 12mm shaft with a 4mm pin equals 4mm either side of the pin,
12mm shaft with 5mm pin equals 3.5mm either side of the pin,
12mm drive with a 1/4'' pin equals a shade less than 2.8mm either side of the pin,
so yeh i agree 100% with kev about the heat treatment being wrong somewhere,
but also going up in pin size makes the outdrives shaft weaker at the point where the pin is,
both dougs and the other post doug did about someone elses failing are in the exact same place, across the pin hole,
plus the phil collins wheels and doug being a rough twat equals failure :D,
oh and aint the alx ones a 7mm pin ?

just to add to kevs post above i think theres another issue with the outdrives as well,
just my opinion :LOL: but its still a 12mm drive/shaft when all said and done,
plus its hollow most the way up,
so 12mm shaft with a 4mm pin equals 4mm either side of the pin,
12mm shaft with 5mm pin equals 3.5mm either side of the pin,
12mm drive with a 1/4'' pin equals a shade less than 2.8mm either side of the pin,
so yeh i agree 100% with kev about the heat treatment being wrong somewhere,
but also going up in pin size makes the outdrives shaft weaker at the point where the pin is,
both dougs and the other post doug did about someone elses failing are in the exact same place, across the pin hole,
plus the phil collins wheels and doug being a rough twat equals failure :D,
oh and aint the alx ones a 7mm pin ?
The axl pin is 5mm👍🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks