Dual steering 5iveT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it necessary?
Naw... Its not... it will still will work with 1 servo.

2 servos does work better though....
If it has to be a 1 servo setup, probably the best 1 servo setup you can get is the big boy Hitec 1005SGT...but it is over $400...for just the servo...and close to $600 for the servo, kit, and battery needed in order to make the thing work....personally, that is just a little too much for me to spend...I just bash....no racing...and i don't really care about how heavy my tucks and buggies are...

I agree.
My 5ive T has one servo for steering...i don't have any plans to upgrade it unless it breaks...it still has the stock servo it came with...
Basher said he wanted to go dual servo for steering for his 5ive T.

My 5ive B has 2 for steering...cause thats what the kit was built around....but i don't think its "needed"...but i do like it.

@Basher5iveT420

you probably don't need a 2 servo setup for the 5ive T. Why do you want to do it?
stock Losi steering servo info.

S900S 1/5 Scale Steering Servo w/Metal Gears 5IVE-T
Product Specifications
Type Digital
Application:1/5-scale surface
Torque:416.6 oz-in (30 kg-cm) @ 6.0V
Speed:0.21 sec/60°
Length:2.6 in (65.8mm)
Width:2.3 in (57.4mm)
Height:1.2 in (30.0mm)
Weight:7.1 oz (200g)
Bushing Or Bearing:Bearing
Bearing Dual
Connector Type:JR Connector
Gear Type:Metal

Hitec D845WP servo info.

D845WP Servo Specifications

Performance Specifications
Operating Voltage Range (Volts DC)
4.8V ~ 6.0V ~ 7.4V​
Speed (Second @ 60°)
0.26 ~ 0.21 ~ 0.17​
Maximum Torque Range oz. / in.
454 ~ 566 ~ 698​
Maximum Torque Range kg. / cm.
32.5 ~ 40.5 ~ 50.0​
Current Draw at Idle
30 mA​
No Load Operating Current Draw
1,600 mA​
Stall Current Draw
10,000 mA​
Dead Band Width
2 µs​

Last edited:
I currently have a single hitec 845 for my steering, I want to say that was a huge improvement over the original servo.
My single servo set up, has been working perfect. Does great in the dirt and street

But the single servo is really struggling when I’m playing in the grass.
This is my main reason for wanting to go with 2 servos on the steering.

The other day while I was bashing in a huge grassy field, the only way the wheels would turn Left or right was it I would hit the gas and turn.
At idle the wheels would struggle to turn left or right.

If I’m on hard pack dirt, pavement. The single servo does great.

@Whoduh the kit you showed me is sold out every where I looked.

Where does the receiver, on/off box get moved too??

Not sure where the receiver goes...I saw 1 5ive T in person that had that kit... I'm not sure where they had the on/off switch and receiver.

I currently have a single Hitec 845 in my 5ive T. It defenitely leaves you wanting more in the steering category. I in the process on putting all the buggy hardware in my 5ive T and going Dual steering servo. It is a simple drill and countersink task. Here is a pic of what I have so far. I should have it done in the next week. When I am finished I will have the buggy electronic tray with Dual D845 servos and the killer RC Switch mounted in the receiver box lid for easy access.

Attachments

• 20190414_140716.jpg
    20190414_140716.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 42
yes, I set a buggy chassis on top and bolted it down and lined everything up then drilled/marked the holes. There were less than 10 holes to drill. it took me about 30 min to drill the holes and countersink the screws on the bottom. make sure you sue a 90 degree countersink bit for the metric hardware not the 87 degree for SAE hardware.

I currently have a single hitec 845 for my steering, I want to say that was a huge improvement over the original servo.
My single servo set up, has been working perfect. Does great in the dirt and street

But the single servo is really struggling when I’m playing in the grass.
This is my main reason for wanting to go with 2 servos on the steering.

The other day while I was bashing in a huge grassy field, the only way the wheels would turn Left or right was it I would hit the gas and turn.
At idle the wheels would struggle to turn left or right.

If I’m on hard pack dirt, pavement. The single servo does great.

@Whoduh the kit you showed me is sold out every where I looked.

Where does the receiver, on/off box get moved too??
I think the hitec servo should be a little stronger than that I also bash I high grass with that servo, it turns pretty good, what’s ur battery?
I just finished adding the Dual servo steering to the 5ive TView attachment 51087
That thing is tits!!!

Attachments

• BE6F30CA-83F4-425C-AF32-EFDD3A23C620.png
    BE6F30CA-83F4-425C-AF32-EFDD3A23C620.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 19
Guys, where do I get a good quality dual steering tray for 5ive T in 2021 ? Ideally I’d like a full tray with a bigger battery box as well

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks