Edit:my banging system build.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do have a big 4fraid capicator thing but don't feel I'll need it now with a fresh battery ?..it was loud then .....?

? .feking easy...40mins....job done???
nah...good few hrs to do it☹....may b being done wk end?
So how many squirrels power that little thing. Been riding the clutch like a grandma? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Interesting that you can call someone and they come to your place and fix your car for you. We don't have that here. Is that his actual business ? Very Cool. 40 minutes in the drive way is actually impressive.

1.8i 16v v-tec....140bhp ? :ROFLMAO: ...and no...clutches i don't ride?...?
So how many squirrels power that little thing. Been riding the clutch like a grandma? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Interesting that you can call someone and they come to your place and fix your car for you. We don't have that here. Is that his actual business ? Very Cool. 40 minutes in the drive way is actually impressive.
yeah call out mechanics r quite common here.?..as with tyre fitting...servicing..they'll come to ur work...ur place ect and crack on with it?
its not a 40min job.☹..it's atleast 3-4+hrs all being well?
it came with no history so yeah...almost 9000 miles I've done now with pretty much no issues ?
fek me...take me 40 mins to get the front wheels off ☹??

Last edited:
Good lord man, my mate in school had a 89 civic, clutch was done in about 2 hrs. Easier to pull the engine out then take the trans out of it. Good thing he was a brute of a guy, we didnt have an engine hoist. He grabbed one side I grabbed the other and heaved. Think he picked me up as well. He drove that car to 350k miles. Was a very good car for him. I was rather sad when he traded it off for a vw golf.

Most modern cars its easier to drop the whole front subframe. If memory serves me right the Civic gearbox is on the opposite side to normal (he says) cars. Might be possible to drop the short drive shaft out, undo the gearbox bolts and mounts and slide the box over as much as possible to get into the the clutch. Its how i did a Renault Scenic clutch a couple years ago.
Still gonna be a pig on a driveway regardless, might be worth dropping it into a garage and stumping up the £600 for them to do it.

Most modern cars its easier to drop the whole front subframe. If memory serves me right the Civic gearbox is on the opposite side to normal (he says) cars. Might be possible to drop the short drive shaft out, undo the gearbox bolts and mounts and slide the box over as much as possible to get into the the clutch. Its how i did a Renault Scenic clutch a couple years ago.
Still gonna be a pig on a driveway regardless, might be worth dropping it into a garage and stumping up the £600 for them to do it.
yeah mate jus rang me an said its not a 2hr job becuse of sub frame ☹said hes asked his mate to help him ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks