Extremely disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Msune
To be fair to TR. the zenoah 29cc I got from John has nice TR parts. They can and do make nice stuff. I think everything they makes could be far better if it made a trip through secondary department. The straight off the machine look sucks for what they charge. I don't know what the problem with the bellcranks are, but it seems most if not all, are not quality enough to be sold. They're really that bad.?‍♂️
Maybe that's something that we could improve on ??

Dusty I wouldn't worry. Bluetick is nit picking TR product.
While it does have a heavy dose of drama?‍♀️,? the point is valid overall. The fit & finish is a bit lacking, and some parts have hit the world in shambles. We're not talking super large production runs, a bit more QC would make them top notch.? Just my humble opinion on it anyways.

BlueDude:
You have big opportunity to help this hobby.
Especially now with the lack of alternatives that are available. This hobby has essentially become stagnant. It's like the car industry- it's become a NAME recognition game. Everyone buys the same parts ,slaps them together and brags about the named parts on the their cars/rcs.
Meanwhile,diversity and originality is left dead on the side of the road.
It's the same in all aspects of current life these days.
Unless you have this or that or it didn't cost as much, your item its somehow seen as inferior.
I would think we, the community would be extremely happy to have more choices in part selections then we have now. We're such a little niche now as compared to the past,it's hard to get new makers/suppliers willing to even enter the Marketplace.
Look at all the previous companies that used to make parts but for one reason or another are no longer in business.
This industry is a cut throat one and between cost, IP/Design theft (Currently going on in a big way) and just dirty tricks have made our community even smaller.
Not to mention the E-Word side of business competition.
As the cost of operations continuing to increase and profit margins go down, some of the few remaining players have started working together behind the scenes because they realize it's nessitary for the sake of the hobby. They want it to continue because they love it that much.
I see many pics of previously bought items but why?.
Is the OP being questioned because he says he received a bad part or this company cant make or sell bad/flawed parts?,because yours was fine?.
Every company has times where production and quality control issues flare up. Those that can afford it, correct the issue and limit flawed items from entering the market and causing damage to their reputation-(Ie:Loss of sales). Meanwhile others where the cost to do the same isn't feasible,so they'll take a chance and put out flawed said products and take their chances.
I respect DDM because when something is flawed they discount it and you know upfront why it's discounted.
Fan Boyism is real, I get that.
BUT it's also a double edged sword.
Next thing you know there's only one company selling the parts and controlling the market.
I guess what I'm saying is we should support anyone willing to enter this market period.
All the prejudging needs to stop. We should give them the chance to show their wares before a judgement is made.
If it sucks,they'll know really fast.
If it's good we'll know prettv fast and who knows, it might just inspire more people to take a chance in making other parts. We can use anyone, that wants to help make this hobby better.

Since this is my opinion,if you disagree so be it.
This is not aimed at anyone personally or a particular company,it just my observations for awhile now in the hobby.

BlueDude:
Especially now with the lack of alternatives that are available. This hobby has essentially become stagnant. It's like the car industry- it's become a NAME recognition game. Everyone buys the same parts ,slaps them together and brags about the named parts on the their cars/rcs.
Unless you have this or that or it didn't cost as much, your item its somehow seen as inferior.
I would think we, the community would be extremely happy to have more choices in part selections then we have now. We're such a little niche now as compared to the past,it's hard to get new makers/suppliers willing to even enter the Marketplace.
Look at all the previous companies that used to make parts but for one reason or another are no longer in business.
This industry is a cut throat one and between cost, IP/Design theft (Currently going on in a big way) and just dirty tricks have made our community even smaller.
As the cost of operations continuing to increase and profit margins go down, some of the few remaining players have started working together behind the scenes because they realize it's nessitary for the sake of the hobby. They want it to continue because they love it that much.
Is the OP being questioned because he says he received a bad part or this company cant make or sell bad/flawed parts?,because yours was fine?.
Every company has times where production and quality control issues flare up. Those that can afford it, correct the issue and limit flawed items from entering the market and causing damage to their reputation-(Ie:Loss of sales). Meanwhile others where the cost to do the same isn't feasible,so they'll take a chance and put out flawed said products and take their chances.
I respect DDM because when something is flawed they discount it and you know upfront why it's discounted.
Next thing you know there's only one company selling the parts and controlling the market.
I guess what I'm saying is we should support anyone willing to enter this market period.
All the prejudging needs to stop. We should give them the chance to show their wares before a judgement is made.
If it's good we'll know prettv fast and who knows, it might just inspire more people to take a chance in making other parts. We can use anyone, that wants to help make this hobby better.

This is not aimed at anyone personally or a particular company,it just my observations for awhile now in the hobby.

Basically spot on.

BlueDude:

Excellent way to word that my man.

BlueDude:

I so did not read the (novel) ?‍♂️??

I am extremely disappointed to have to write this post on behalf my clients, Turtle Racing LLC. (To be further referred to as "The Firm").

This post is notice to you to immediately Cease and Desist in this radioactive libel defamation of The Firm. Your actions can make or break The Firm's reputation which money can't buy. If you continue with this midnight moonlight madness, you are bringing yourself closer to a lawsuit against you.

The Firm only wants someone to love their products and believes that you've lost that loving feeling. The Firm wishes for your satisfaction guaranteed.

Together, I'm sure we can reach some kind of agreement.

Sincerely,
Top Dead Center, Esquire
PhD in BS from Law School of Hard Knocks
Once stayed at a Holiday Inn
'

Yea I am installing the TR billet air filter thing. I can say that the machining is very bad. Sliced my finger pretty good.
Ive had mixed results with TR. The bellcranks are complete garbage. I mean literally garbage it was so bad. Pull start failed within 5 tanks, but atleast looked good. Motor mount worked flawlessly, but looked like a dull endmill cut it. Clutch bell/pinion carrier needed a retap, clutch carrier is awsome. I don't understand why somestuff seems to go through secondary, but some is hot off the dull mill.?‍♂️

It looks good and Im sure it will serve its purpose. Ill probably keep it on. Just that the machining seems to be terrible as the OP stated.

Reason why I cut my finger was because I had to wash all the filings out. don't want that crap in my engine. That should have been done by the manufacturer

Wow if it's dull tooling they must only change their mills once a week.We run aluminum at work and tools last forever,maybe feed rates are too high also.But there is no excuse for burrs on a part coming out of a quality shop.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks