FG Monster truck RHINO Digi 4 Steering Servo PROBLEM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, the 5755 is practically the same as the 5745, has a different output gear that the horn fixes onto, much larger gear which sharper splines (much better design).

I run the 5755 on mine, will turn the front wheels on any surface. if your sitting still it does struggly but any servo would when the wheels arnt moving.

Get one 5755 and see how you go, im sure it will be plenty for any condition.

I fried my 5745 on my MT but that was my fault, any servo would have fried for what I did to it. Prior to that I had run 12 tanks on my MT with the one servo and that servo came out of a Baja so its quite old!

@sperera, what do u mean it has a different output gear? Do u mean that that the plastic horn that I cut down to size for the Rhino Multiplex servos wont git the top of Hitec 5755MG?

Also, what do u mean "sharper splines"?

I run in Floyd Bennet or Marine Park. What part of brooklyn are u in?

@ sperera,

also, if I get two 5755MG's, and use them together, do u think the MT will turn struggly when the truck is not moving or will the two servo provide enough power to turn the wheels without an issue?

Mike I sent u a pm.....

If I remember correctly I was just testing the to see if the steering was working (with it sitting on the ground) right before they blew. They were hitec 4735s I think. Not home to check. I needed to upgrade to a better servo anyway.

@KK, so are u going to be getting the 5755MG or going with the Rhino? Which servo will give less problems/ less headache / less aggrivation !!!?! :)

I'm gonna go with one the 5755. Ill put the one that's on there now my marder since its a lower model. I've ran hitecs since my nitro days so I'd rather stick with that one. Besides I think the rhino is too pricey for what it is.

Yeah, rhino is $115 on DDM
5755MG is around $87 bucks. I still have 1 working rhino and I am curious if I can run 1 rhino and 1 Hitec or is it better to have 2 servos from the same brand?

Try a single setup for now. You may like it. When my dual setup blew I said ill stick with a single setup cause I would hate to blow two more servos. I thought it would be better two have two steering cause even my old LST2 ran a dual steering setup but for what its worth I've had no problems using one on my FG MT over the last two weeks.

Last edited:
2) what is the best way to avoid the servo's fighting with each other? I think i have everything lined up evenly. Do u need to program the servos in any way to avoid having them fight each other?

The only true way of matching exactly is to program them.

also, if I get two 5755MG's, and use them together, do u think the MT will turn struggly when the truck is not moving or will the two servo provide enough power to turn the wheels without an issue?

Two will turn them. I can turn on pavement with no problem with one. Two should turn off road too. Look here around 1:35 you will see one 5745MG: http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/...ction=view&current=DDMPipeReviewinHighRes.flv

Hey,

I just spoke to Rhino customer support. The tech told me that one of the most likely reasons why two of my rhino servo's have died is because they are probably fighting each other at some point in their travel.

He recommended that a solution to my problem without having to actually program the servos is to get a JR Matchbox. This unit is going to eliminate the Y cable and allow me to connect both steering servo's to the same channel. The JR matchbox will allow the fine tunning of the servos so that they will not fight/oppose each other.

QUESTION:
Does anyone have experience with the JR Matchbox? Do you think that this will be a solution to my problem???

Thanks

Hey,

I just spoke to Rhino customer support. The tech told me that one of the most likely reasons why two of my rhino servo's have died is because they are probably fighting each other at some point in their travel.

He recommended that a solution to my problem without having to actually program the servos is to get a JR Matchbox. This unit is going to eliminate the Y cable and allow me to connect both steering servo's to the same channel. The JR matchbox will allow the fine tunning of the servos so that they will not fight/oppose each other.

QUESTION:
Does anyone have experience with the JR Matchbox? Do you think that this will be a solution to my problem???

Thanks

I forgot about that unit. http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=JRPA900
I have not used one but have heard it does work well for that situation. It would be a big space taker. For the price you mine as well buy Slaws programmer.
I would run with one.......:)

@sperera, what do u mean it has a different output gear? Do u mean that that the plastic horn that I cut down to size for the Rhino Multiplex servos wont git the top of Hitec 5755MG?

Also, what do u mean "sharper splines"?

I run in Floyd Bennet or Marine Park. What part of brooklyn are u in?

i highly doubt the multiplex horn will fit on a 5755, the 5755 output gear that the horn attaches to is like nothing out there currently. the diamereter of the gear is bigger and the splines are bigger and sharper, less of them. 5745 splines are small, slightly rounded/square compared to the 5755.

The 5755 comes with 2-3 very thick nylon horns and 1 thick alloy horn. If you get one and see the splines youll understand there's nothing u can do once on that is going to make that horn slip on the gear. Excellent upgrade in my opinion.

@ sperera,

Mike, can I ask why you want the wheels to turn when the truck aint moving?

To answer your question yes I think it will turn the wheels quick and easily using two, or if you only want to turn when moving one does it easily.

@ BTB
What is a Slaws programmer?? I looked it up on google and couldnt find anything.

I don't mind that the JR Matchbox will take up space. I have plenty of room under the cover of the truck body. Its not like im worried about the "extra weight"...im not running this truck for racing purposes anyway so if the JR matchbox will fix the problem that I have, i will be happy with that.

@ sperera,
I just thought that for a big and heavy truck, it would put alot of strain on a single servo.. Thats why I am trying to get the 2 servo combo to work for me.
Plus, im a strong believer in overkill =) The bigger the better, the stronger the better, etc. you get the point.

I get it two is better then one. Even if you get two set up you will have play int he servo saver and it will still under steer in a tight turn and bumps.
Slawhammer was selling one for 100 bucks but I see it has been sold.:( Good for him though.:D

I get it two is better then one. Even if you get two set up you will have play int he servo saver and it will still under steer in a tight turn and bumps.
Slawhammer was selling one for 100 bucks but I see it has been sold.:( Good for him though.:D

@BTB, why do u think that if u have play in the servo saver, it will understeer with a dual servo setup??

The set up will only be as good as the spring in the servo saver. If you upgrade to the alloy saver it helps a bit but you will still be at the mercy of the orings. When the MT is WOT over rough terrain the servo saver allows the tires to slightly move back and forth. If it didn't there would be a lot of stress put on the servos from the big tires.
The HPI Baja servo saver can be the same. Two is better then one but is more or less overkill. There are plenty of users that run two, I just feel its more then needed.;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks