Finally got one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So before I tear this thing down I like to get someone's opinion. Took th car to the park and ran it for maybe 5min and all of the sudden the car didn't move. Engine runs fine. When I hit the throttle the car doesn't go anywhere and sounds like is performing a 2 step ???

Checked the axles and drive shaft everything is fine. Diffs are fine also.

So I am thinking something in the tranny let go?
Are you running the vertigo trans. If so the clutchbell pinion shaft backed out on you. Use a socket that fits the end of the shaft, loctite it good, jam the gears and tighten it really good, kept happening to mine, Hari's as well

Not sure what's going on here. Everything is tight and nothing is loose. Must be something In the clutch housing.

PXL_20210619_165331728.jpg
PXL_20210619_165341163.jpg

Not sure what's going on here. Everything is tight and nothing is loose. Must be something In the clutch housing.

View attachment 75013
View attachment 75014
Is the slipper gear tight. That can also loosen up on you
The shaft on the left shows a little discoloration from heat from it slipping, could be just me though
It has to be tightened all the way down then loosened a quarter turn. Thats another part covered in packing oil that needs to be loctited

Slipper was nice and tight. I did take it to clean and re install it. Will see what it is when I take the motor out. I just hope the motor is not damage.. I mean I only was in my 5th tank and running rich..

PXL_20210619_172515903.jpg

How does your clutch look? It's the only other thing, could possibly locked and not engaging? Your machine still looks extremely clean so I wouldn't think it'd be clutch dust or premature wear, the disks for your slipper showing obvious signs of wear but I'm not sure what's considered excessive on that area
Either the clutch, bell shaft, or slipper has to be the problem. I put red loctite between my slippers when I reassembled mine...I didnt want mine to slip, I'm sure some cooked off from the heat, but seem to be getting power delivered evenly.

Last edited:
Has to be the slipper everything looks good to me. Touch of glaze on the clutch bell from hitting the throttle and it going nowhere. Deglaze them pads and bell with scotchbrite.
You have to stick something in the slot of the slipper nut to tighten that feker down too. Then like I said back out a quarter. Will be very tight and make sure that set screw for the nut is loctited well too. I had a few issues with mine

Excellent advice on the lock nut unfortunately seems like I lost that female dog and I can't find it.

What a day i tell you...

Ok same poop.

Nothing has changed. As you can see the car is running very very rich even with my carb tuned correctly as before. Not sure if the carb is bad or what?

The clutch looked great when I took the motor off to inspect it.

Last edited:
Mine is still on the tune Mike sent it out with and it does take a minute to clear up and clean out when the pipe heats up good, but damn not like that. When it's off the ground is there not much resistance other than normal?
Damn put it in the air and blip it!
Full throttle
Put it on your stand or in the air and blip it. See if it'll rev out or clean out. That's fekin weird. Unless you got something in the intake?🤷🏻‍♂️did you even remove that intake since your last run and possibly get debris or poop in there? You said it was 2 stepping...like sounding like an over-rev?

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks