First 5ive T. Any tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter57

Hello. I'm new to the forum. A friend just gave this to me a few days ago as he was getting out of the hobby. I'm not familiar with the 5ive T's. I brought it home, cleaned it and put it back together. I need to replace the drive shaft boots, shock boots and I'll probably replace the wheel bearings. I'm going to get a carb kit for it also but some sights say they are discontinued. Is this the V1 or 1.5? I believe it has been sitting for a while. Anything else I should know?

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_152826605.jpg
    IMG_20191208_152826605.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20191208_152812161.jpg
    IMG_20191208_152812161.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20191208_153019387.jpg
    IMG_20191208_153019387.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 34
Welcome to the forum, wish I had friends like yours. Unfortunately, I have friends in low places
I have NO friends :cautious: :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Hello. I'm new to the forum. A friend just gave this to me a few days ago as he was getting out of the hobby. I'm not familiar with the 5ive T's. I brought it home, cleaned it and put it back together. I need to replace the drive shaft boots, shock boots and I'll probably replace the wheel bearings. I'm going to get a carb kit for it also but some sights say they are discontinued. Is this the V1 or 1.5? I believe it has been sitting for a while. Anything else I should know?
welcome to the forum! nice rig (y)id get a kill swtitch asap (y)

I have NO friends :cautious: :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

welcome to the forum! nice rig (y)id get a kill swtitch asap (y)
What kill switch do you recommend?
Gave it to you? Awesome friends you have. You're gonna love it.
Yeah. I haven't known him for long. He showed me his RC plane collection and he had this lone RC car sitting on the table. He asked if I wanted it. He gave me the car, radio, battery charger and a few spare parts.

Welcome to the forum @Shooter57! +1 for what Evssv said.
For the shock boots, you have a couple of options. You can replace the boots and stop there. You can replace the boots and add outwears shock socks or omit the boots and just use the outwears.

I think this post applies to your 5ive-T also.
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/considering-another-addition.24389/post-252133

Edit: I forgot to add DDM is going to be one of your go to websites for all things 1/5 scale.
I ordered some blue shock outwears. Thanks for the tip.
Yeah your bank account and wife might not agree with you so much but your new 5iveT will sure love it ???
I can see that after searching DMM. I already ordered a few odd and ends.
The Killer RC "superbee" is the most reliable ?
Sounds good. How does this work? Does it kill the motor at low voltage or when when the signal is interrupted? Also, I'm not sure how long the stock battery is going to last since it probably has some age on it. Do you recommend a stock replacement or something better?

Sounds good. How does this work? Does it kill the motor at low voltage or when when the signal is interrupted? Also, I'm not sure how long the stock battery is going to last since it probably has some age on it. Do you recommend a stock replacement or something better?
It kills the engine if yeah,the battery runs out/low voltage, signal issues, and for say if the throttle got stuck, you can kill it from the remote so you don't go chasing it. As for the battery, I have no idea. I don't own a losi so I couldn't tell you how the stock bettery is, but im sure someone will chime in ?

Yep, a lipo will really wake your servos up, the Killer RC 7.4 7200 mah from DDM will work with the stock 5ive-T servos and will go a lot longer between charges. Only downside is you'll need a lipo charger if you don't already have one.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks