Free Stainless Steel Silencer Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Top Dead Center

Does party tricks ?
Some of you may remember my "Expensive Silencer" thread. Well, shortly afterward, I made another one out of aluminum. A couple of months ago, I ordered and installed ceramic packing in the silencer. I finally tried it out yesterday and was quite surprised by the sound reduction. The ear piercing ping turned into a throaty rumble.

I was testing the noise level with a sound meter app on my phone standing 10 feet away from the truck. The silencer dropped the noise level by 12 decibels at idle and about 10 during full throttle blasts.

I thought to myself, I should get this on video. That's when things went south. I ran in to the house to grab my Gopro. When I came back out my truck was off. The batteries in my transmitter dropped below the low voltage cut off. I decided I would capture it on video today/Sunday. Today was F'n cold and snowing most of the day. So, no video. You'll have to take my word on it.

Now to the stainless silencer. It's the one on the left.
20191215_215721.jpg
The weight of the SS silencer. 10.2oz
20191215_220440.jpg
Weight of the AL silencer. 4.0oz20191215_220412.jpg
Here is what you are playing to win. A free stainless steel silencer and enough ceramic packing to last a lifetime, plus free shipping.
20191215_215822.jpg

Contest rules:
1) Simply log in and post in this thread with a number between 1 and 100. If there are more than 100 entries(highly doubt it) the range will be bumped accordingly.
2) Only one entry will be accepted.
3) The winner will be selected with Google random number generator.
4)The exact number or the closest to the random generated number wins. In the event of a tie, the contestant with the number lower than the random number will be the winner.
5) Contest winner will be chosen on Friday 12/27/2019.

See post #32 for available numbers.

This is a member to member contest. I am not affiliated with the forum of any forum vendor. I'm not a lawyer but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn before.

Good luck

Last edited:
TDC,
VERY nice job fabbing those silencers! Kudos to you for taking the initiative to tone down these obnoxious gas 1/5's so as to not piss off the world when trying to operate them in a public place ! Any idea where you are at with a db level ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks