George's Kraken Vekta.5 Ownership/Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipe mounted. Think I'll try it out without the DDM silencer first and see how it sounds.

49199549806_093d20bfbf_b.jpg

The weather finally warmed up a bit so I was able to test out the new VICTORY RC pipe, T90 tranny, and all the alloy suspension parts.

With the DDM silencer attched to the VRC pipe the sound was decent, however it didn't seem to get up and go much (found out later this wasn't exhaust related). I ended up removing the Silencer, exhaust note is a tad louder has more a crackle to it. Either way it's not bad. But the truck was still sluggish.

What I found was this T90 tranny was binding. After seeing this post from Kraken I knew this must be the issue. Ordered these free washers and currently awaiting them to arrive.

49305254658_f9d7913c98_b.jpg

I'll tell you one thing, removing this transmission is royal PITA.

49305180448_5972e06656_b.jpg

Alittle dirty after a quick run.

49305182378_3ecc98381a_b.jpg

Good info on the washers needed. Glad Kraken realized the issue and offered a free solution. Removing this tranny is more difficult than the stock one?

Yeah glad they offered a solution, just wish I knew this before assembling everything. Both trannies are a PITA to get to. Guess it gives me something to do during these winter months.:giggle:

I really want to go big bore now. But I might as well run this ESP 34cc into the ground first. Plus 46cc engines are not cheap.

I really want to go big bore now. But I might as well run this ESP 34cc into the ground first. Plus 46cc engines are not cheap.
I feel like my esp 34 will run forever. it was supposed to be a temporary solution until i was ready for a big bore, but its plenty fast and super durable so i cant justify replacing it now hahaha

Running the 34 esp into the ground is gonna be difficult. I also noticed on the Kraken site they have the T90 for $160 cheaper than DDM.

Yeah I got mine directly from Kraken during their Black Friday sale. It’s kinda overkill for this 34cc but I was trying to get most of these Kraken optional parts installed on this thing ( because I like to waste $) lol

What this thing needs is taller gearing. As a basher I want more speed not faster acceleration. Stock gearing is 19/22 Kraken makes this optional 23/18 but it’s only recommended for 46cc and up. Other than that there are no other options which kind of sucks
http://shop.krakenrc.com/t90-option-gears-set-23-18/

Yeah I got mine directly from Kraken during their Black Friday sale. It’s kinda overkill for this 34cc but I was trying to get most of these Kraken optional parts installed on this thing ( because I like to waste $) lol

What this thing needs is taller gearing. As a basher I want more speed not faster acceleration. Stock gearing is 19/22 Kraken makes this optional 23/18 but it’s only recommended for 46cc and up. Other than that there are no other options which kind of sucks
http://shop.krakenrc.com/t90-option-gears-set-23-18/
Yeah, the T90 is meant for the big bores. The Vertigo makes a few better gearing option tho. Just look at it this way, your drivetrain will be ready for a 65cc when your ready to pull the trigger.

Not sure why it gets the hate. Sure it has quirks, but what rc doesn't. Overall I think its a winner. Wish it was a bit cheaper but what can you do.
Buy used like I did.
Myself included ?
You hate anything not baja now:ROFLMAO: We finally got you to start liking regular non-big bores!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks