George's Kraken Vekta.5 Ownership/Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's not slow and heavy. I think the 32cc does good in it. It is a bit expensive tho, and parts. You have to drive one to appreciate Z. Come on down to MD.

I've been happy with this first off-road purchase thus far. In hindsight, I should have gotten a 32cc. The 34cc has a longer stroke with more torque but doesn't rev as high as the shorter stroke of the 32cc. I'm sure the 34cc is great on a short course dirt track, but in an open field at full tilt, it seems to lack that oomph at the top end. Think I'm just used to the speed of my onroad cars

@madgreek, it needs gears up. The small stroke change shouldn't change the rpm too much.
I too love how the vekta looks, but cant stand all the issues guys have had with them. For the price they should be a very dependable machine. The biggest issue (imo) is the amount of money you need to sink into one to get it reliable. There have been numerous threads, across many forums about the issues. (Especially when power is put to them) most may stem from the wheel tire combo (cant think of the name off the top of my head... some one fill it in for me) but there have been plenty of other issues, between the steering, trans and I believe the rear drive shaft. (Now finally has a good fix) I'm also I'm agreeable to the idea that the first batch was released too soon. But all this has pit a rather bad taste in my (and others) mouth. I will admit I'd grab a nice used one if it was the right price and I had the extra cash. I really like and appreciate how well they tried to keep to the scale realism of the full size truck. Our friend @crucialRC has had some wonderful success with his, and our other friend @William E Burrows Jr has had a lot of issues, I'd trust what both these guys have to say about the vekta over most others, and they have had very different adventures with their respective rigs.
And Z is just a peepee ?

Trepadore tires, Sean. I think the main issue is the stock trans can't take the abuse of the added rotating mass of the Trepadores and or big bore engines. I think if you upgrade the transmission to either the Vertigo or T90 then you can run the Trepadores and big bores. I've been doing a lot of homework on this issue lately.

Lovely Kraken, but could I get you to post a couple of pictures of the one in your profile pic to me via PM or in another thread. It looks like it deserves a 'show off' thread of its own? Where did you get that shell?

Latest update:

Replaced the plastic rear diff cover with a surprisingly decent alloy one sourced from Ebay.

49216136282_cdcc4d4e2b_b.jpg

Took a test drive post T90 washer install today. Rolls well now. One thing I was surprised about, the Victory RC pipe required me to trim part the roll cage, seemed ok during a brief test run a few weeks back. However today the pipe melted a good bit of the cage, so much so it fractured the vertical support beam. I going to just remove that section completely as it doesn't seem to do much in the first place.

49334389658_0146ddb5d1_b.jpg

49334389618_c6f29bcb54_b.jpg

Latest update:

Replaced the plastic rear diff cover with a surprisingly decent alloy one sourced from Ebay.

49216136282_cdcc4d4e2b_b.jpg

Took a test drive post T90 washer install today. Rolls well now. One thing I was surprised about, the Victory RC pipe required me to trim part the roll cage, seemed ok during a brief test run a few weeks back. However today the pipe melted a good bit of the cage, so much so it fractured the vertical support beam. I going to just remove that section completely as it doesn't seem to do much in the first place.

49334389658_0146ddb5d1_b.jpg

49334389618_c6f29bcb54_b.jpg
?My VRC pipe didn't touch there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks