George's Kraken Vekta.5 Ownership/Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madgreek

Hi guys, just creating this thread to document my Kraken Vekta.5 ownership.

I mainly collect on-road FG Modellsport cars. With that said I was looking for something to use during the winter months. With the help and guidance from many on here. I ended up with this from DDM. I went with the ARTR model. In addition, DDM had a Daily Deal on an ESP Zenoah 32cc (basically a stock 34cc)

It arrived in a MASSIVE BOX

48959475657_4a17229cd9_b.jpg

48959288701_8b47d80ebb_b.jpg

48959288201_7d31e5df27_b.jpg

48960041241_b2f4051e49_b.jpg

DDM Silencer added to their Dominator Pipe

48992542727_0b42958cb9_b.jpg

Initial Break-in of the engine (Click on image to play video)

Kraken Vetka.5 Engine Break In by F80pilot, on Flickr

Preformed multiple short low-speed sessions to get the engine broken in. Upon taking it to a local park to open it up a bit, within the first five minutes of running it the front wheel fell off. ☹ Of course, trying to the wheel nut in a large field was next to impossible I had to get an order in for replacements. Those came in this week. Hoping to try this thing out again this weekend.

Last edited:
Oh one more thing I forgot to mention. I found out why these Peg Leg Pull Starter screws are recommended.

When putting on the Outerwears cover, you're required to remove the pullstarter handle (un-tieing the knot) Well at the park I evidenetly don't tie knots well as it made it's way through the hole in the handle. Hence requiring me to remove the cover. That requires removing the body, exhaust, fuel tank and engine. Total PITA. Lesson learned, ordered a set with the extra Wheel nuts.

49033715276_6ab675ccf8_b.jpg

That was a great vid an nice run ,but is the engine still in break-in mode on the tune ,it sounds a little on the sluggy side?

I don't really hear no top note!

Gotta love a new RC! Congrats and good luck on your new adventure ?
That was a great vid an nice run ,but is the engine still in break-in mode on the tune ,it sounds a little on the sluggy side?

I don't really hear no top note!
Agreed, I think its geared too high, or not tuned quite right. Imo should be getting a few more rpms on the top side. It does seem to scoot about decently though.

To be honest I haven't touched the carb settings. It's on its second tank. I'll start leaning the high side a pinch at a time and see if that makes any difference. The DDM silencer could also be contributing to this as well.

To be honest I haven't touched the carb settings. It's on its second tank. I'll start leaning the high side a pinch at a time and see if that makes any difference. The DDM silencer could also be contributing to this as well.

I kind of figured that is what was going on ,the engine does sound good though!....I like the solid ax!.... (y)

My Vekta is faster than that with a stock Zen 32. I think the pipe and carb settings make a difference for sure. 1107 carb right?

I believe it's a 1107. I think that's what comes with the 32 out of the box? Yeah, either way, next time out I'll try leaning the high end a tad and see if that makes any difference or vice versa.

Hi guys, just creating this thread to document my Kraken Vekta.5 ownership.

I mainly collect on-road FG Modellsport cars. With that said I was looking for something to use during the winter months. With the help and guidance from many on here. I ended up with this from DDM. I went with the ARTR model. In addition, DDM had a Daily Deal on an ESP Zenoah 32cc (basically a stock 34cc)

It arrived in a MASSIVE BOX

48959475657_4a17229cd9_b.jpg

48959288701_8b47d80ebb_b.jpg

48959288201_7d31e5df27_b.jpg

48960041241_b2f4051e49_b.jpg

DDM Silencer added to their Dominator Pipe

48992542727_0b42958cb9_b.jpg

Initial Break-in of the engine (Click on image to play video)

Kraken Vetka.5 Engine Break In by F80pilot, on Flickr

Preformed multiple short low-speed sessions to get the engine broken in. Upon taking it to a local park to open it up a bit, within the first five minutes of running it the front wheel fell off. ☹ Of course, trying to the wheel nut in a large field was next to impossible I had to get an order in for replacements. Those came in this week. Hoping to try this thing out again this weekend.
Had my front wheel come off a couple of times when I tightened it down as much as possible with the included tool. Switch to a standard wrench and socket and was able to get more torque on it and have not had an issue since.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks