GoFast Elektro 53

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or Not, I genuinely understand where some of our Hobby Friends are coming from. Many of us had the same feelings, question Sensibilities. For instance, YES an MGM 80063-3/LMT 30100 cost a couple of thousands in EURO + Shipping + TAX. Anyways, all is Good. Let's just enjoy and hope all efforts does not go to waste. Thanks Sincerely for your Interest and Patience. Cheers Mate!

Here's my honest take regarding improvements done on the NEW 7PX-R -- after transcribing and watching a number off times,

I suspect the Video would have been more palatable if FUTABA paid Young and Pretty Japanese GT Umbrella Girls to do the Presentation in "CUTE" English Japanese Accent.

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 11.40.17 AM.png

Executive Summary: NEW 7PX-R Improvements are focused on Overall Ergonomics, Physical Access to Menu to better Control our Large Scale Models.

3D redesigned "Triggers" options are included: to help accommodate big and small finger, left or right hand to for more accurate inputs on Throttle/Brake and relieve stress especially during 30-Minute and over Races.

Carbon Fibre infused Resins (7PX-R) vs Aluminium (7PX Limited Edition) around steering and drop-down, adds strength to help eliminate steering wobble, to improve on executing precision turns, reduces overall weight.

Thinner display and use of larger buttons, for better access to menu, and the TX less top heavy, overall lighter to hold.

Improvement in Steering wheel Angle and Drop-down are additional options for Ergonomics

The User Changable LED Lighting to match the model Colors -- is to get the Umbrella Girls, interested.

Thank you Mate for the Interest and Encouragement!

Are you planning to Go MGM80063-3
Super cool. Now I am really stoked. I ordered one of those 30100 motors too. Should be here any day. Awesome post Sigie!

AWESOME! Are you going for the recommended MGM 80063-3?
IMG_7292.jpeg
Project Update. Decided to Handcraft on a Carbon Fibre 80063-3 ESC Mount
IMG_7286.jpegIMG_7288.jpeg

Last edited:
Wanted to but had to settle for the 40063. The huge and awesome '800' could never fit my platform (FG F1 Competition). No headroom, everything must be on the pan - one level). As it is, I had to extensively modify the chassis. I won't get that full 50+hp, but the motor should run cool :)

What LiPos did you choose Sigie? I went with a pair of MaxAmps 7S 6500mAh for 14S. Again, space limitations. I see you're doing 15S. Sweet!

Great pictures dude!!

Wanted to but had to settle for the 40063. The huge and awesome '800' could never fit my platform (FG F1 Competition). No headroom, everything must be on the pan - one level). As it is, I had to extensively modify the chassis. I won't get that full 50+hp, but the motor should run cool :)

What LiPos did you choose Sigie? I went with a pair of MaxAmps 7S 6500mAh for 14S. Again, space limitations. I see you're doing 15S. Sweet!

Great pictures dude!!

I can imagine that getting a 40063-3 into an F1 can be a Challenge given the limited space and huge footprint. BUT definitely worth the labor as it significantly improves on Performance and Control of the Model. The New 7PXR and Futaba HPS A700 Servos significantly contributes to Performance and Control.

My HARM Racing FX-3 Formula one has the MAX6 and Tenshock 501S on 8S max, based on the Manufacturers STRONG Recommendation. Same set-up by 2019 HARM Racing Team Drivers for Competition.
x501s-1.jpg
Regarding Batteries: I used too be a HUGE Fan of ThunderPower and MaxAmp (based on the positives said about these packs) many years ago. SADLY for the MaxAmp RACE Edition 150C is a HUGE disappointment given the promise, premium price, and poor customer service. ThunderPower nothing really special consider the chimes we have now in the Market. as well. Revolectrix packs, "bloats" after a few charges, as well.

We know form experience, that there are much cheaper yet perform Great, Reliable, and Offer better value. Anyways, moving forward, I have packs from KD Lipo and Spektrum Smart Lipo.

SPMX50006S100-450.jpgScreenshot 2020-03-11 at 2.47.35 PM.png

Last edited:
Sigie, it just clicked that the HARM thread I was watching is yours too. I considered the HARM but the FG Competiton series was right for me even though more expensive. The wishbones on the HARM are really nice though.

Surprised about your comment on the MaxAmps. I had a completely opposite experience. Not only is the form factor perfect for me, service was impeccable. Super nice and ridiculously responsive, and the packs are fully customizable. I am having the them set-up the connectors such that I won't need a series adapter (the production guys even got engaged to confirm the set-up) and I got to choose the color too. Took them only a day to make and they followed up promptly with shipping info. A bargain in my books!

@21bangbang - no 5h!t. probably anything over 10hp is just for accomplishment (in my case anyway). Think of it... The equivalent hp of a motorcycle in a 30lb toy - lol.

Sigie, it just clicked that the HARM thread I was watching is yours too. I considered the HARM but the FG Competiton series was right for me even though more expensive. The wishbones on the HARM are really nice though.

Surprised about your comment on the MaxAmps. I had a completely opposite experience. Not only is the form factor perfect for me, service was impeccable. Super nice and ridiculously responsive, and the packs are fully customizable. I am having the them set-up the connectors such that I won't need a series adapter (the production guys even got engaged to confirm the set-up) and I got to choose the color too. Took them only a day to make and they followed up promptly with shipping info. A bargain in my books!
bly anything over 10hp is just for accomplishment (in my case anyway). Think of it... The equivalent hp of a motorcycle in a 30lb toy - lol.

I was looking at the FG but and only saw itavailable Gasoline Engine. I wrote to FG directly and told me No Electric Powered. HARM build one for Electric based on their EURO Champion Gas Version. So I went for HARM Racing. They are quite helpful to Custom-Configure, body, differential, =Tires, ESC, Motor, Servos, Battery Box, and then install hydrobrake, and fine-tune on Settings, then box and ship-out. Very much a hobby for HARM RC for over 3 decades now. And yeah it can be as expensive as the FG even more, but for me it's worth every Euro as I had always wanted a HARM Racing Formula 1 first Time I saw one at Futaba Sangyo RC shop in Tokyo, 25 years ago.

Regarding MaxAmp, I guess it is much difficult to get help from MAXAMP, if Overseas. After going back and forth weeks asked to present documents/proof that these were purchased from their official retailer in the US, MAXAmp offered $200 credit (which by the way was is not enough to cover shipping.) I paid over $1000, for packs I never got to use, and now have to pat another $900 for 4 packs of 4S 6500 RACE Edition 150C. Kept quiet about this amids plenty criticism versus MaAmp in various forums. Only Now since then did I speak about my sad experience with them. Anyways, I decided to moved-on and continue to Enjoy Life and RC. AHD to be fair to MaxAmp, it was my decision and totally my Fault to TRUST and Go MaxAmp years Back. Maybe I was just unlucky specially hearing that you have good experience with MaxAmp.

Oh yeah, I write in various Forums, actively raced in Tokyo, and was Team Driver. , I retired from active Racing and as a hobby do custom build-up projects and help develop/test Racing Components for Losi, ARMMA, Traxxas, Axial Racing for Friends.
Working on a Carbon Fibre MGM 80063-3 for the KV5TT, need to do a mock-up to make sure that ESC is secure, and Batteries and Capacitor Fits, and no bind to the cage when the Body is Installed. Yes the MGM800 is HUGE and absolutely necessary to use all horses of the NEW LMT30100. Yes it barely can fit into a Kraken. Someone attempts FIRST into a Kraken Vekta.5, He installed its on the Side. Anyways, this is the first attempt into a KV5TT, according to MGM. No way in a Five-T or Five-B if that's what your thinking.

IMG_7293.jpeg
IMG_7294.jpeg

Based on this mock-up, looks like it's going to mount Secure and Safe. I genuinely Exhilarated & Elated, as well.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks