Going to experiment with VP premixed fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oil mix is not referred to as lean or rich. That's just fuel. Oil is a lubricant, and doesn't "burn" like the fuel does. All thing being equal 40 to 1 is a richer fuel mix than 32 to 1 because more oil displaces the fuel in the mix thus leaning the fuel air ratio out. Oil molecules are larger than fuel molecules. Also theres nothing wrong with 40to1, what I run in everything.

Oil mix is not referred to as lean or rich. That's just fuel. Oil is a lubricant, and doesn't "burn" like the fuel does. All thing being equal 40 to 1 is a richer fuel mix than 32 to 1 because more oil displaces the fuel in the mix thus leaning the fuel air ratio out. Oil molecules are larger than fuel molecules. Also theres nothing wrong with 40to1, what I run in everything.
40/1 is richer than 32/1 ? Do I have it wrong that the larger number is the parts fuel to 1 part oil? If not we'd be putting a splash of gas in a quart of oil no? Nvm, i get it

I have about 7 hours on my cheap CY 36cc engine running Husqvarna 50:1 this season. Tuning is quite a bit easier and more consistient. For the sake of upcoming winter discussion im going to tear the engine down and post up my findings of engine component wear after running premixed 50:1 . (Unless of course i sieze the engine prior) . So far my engine has been running excellent.

I have about 7 hours on my cheap CY 36cc engine running Husqvarna 50:1 this season. Tuning is quite a bit easier and more consistient. For the sake of upcoming winter discussion im going to tear the engine down and post up my findings of engine component wear after running premixed 50:1 . (Unless of course i sieze the engine prior) . So far my engine has been running excellent.

I had been a gardener for years using a lot of different 2 stroke engines ,I noticed that too much oil can be bad on the engine eventually ,
however ,the RC engine is using a tuned pipe with little exhaust restrictions ,the garden equipment has a spark resistor an can type muffler ,
with that stuff ,too much oil causes the oil to clog up the port an eventually break loose an scare the cylinder up!

Husq. oil is probably formilated to counter act that build up ,50-1 is only 2.5 oz of oil per gal. ,so I am curious to your findings ,but if
your stuff is still running good ,there is nothing wrong with that mix ,on my equipment ,I had even started shaving the oil content
down by as much as an oz. per gallon with better results of less scarring!

Here's an accurate pic of what I've seen first hand as far as ethanol gunk inside carbs. I've also seen it much worse as you end up with a thick green gel type spooge that clogs all the jet passageways. The ethanol fungus is also corrosive to aluminum. Seandonato73 makes a good point , if you continually roll fuel usage you won't have any Ethanol issues. It's only a problem (and a big one) if the ethanol sits for more than 4 months or so.

I agree, I have to clean all three of my fathers triumph carbs every spring as the battery gets pulled and stored inside for the winter. And every year the green slime has plugged the jets (usually gets a brownish crust where parts aren’t submerged) but I most definitely do not agree with the picture of the rusted rotted carb posted above. There is no way ethanol was solely responsible for that, especially since the outside of the carb and parts that don’t come in contact with fuel also looked pretty rough. My fathers t37 lemans has been stored outside for the past few years year round also and it has not had an issue anytime it’s started other than the points needing a little cleaned up. It’s running the factory 1971 350 carb and it looks brand new compared to the picture posted above. My guess is that came off a vehicle stored outside with the hood open for years. But that’s just my .02 I get this thread is on the old side but I just don’t agree that ethanol is “that bad” but I also would never run it in my lawn equipment/bikes as ethanol free fuel around here is only 80 cents more than premium 10% ethanol.

For anyone thinking about running vp/trufuel premix it is worth it but pricey. I run vp 40:1 Premix in my hpi/km Baja 5t 30.5cc and I am happy enough to justify the price.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks