Going to experiment with VP premixed fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you guys also have salt that is used to protect the roads during the winter time there? Salt is bad ju ju for aluminum. Suck enough of that in and can get that in the pictures also.

I agree . That carb has been exposed to water or salt water. Ethanol wouldn't do that . My motorcycle would never run if that were the case. My motorcycles sit for 6 months through the winter and I've never seen that. I've seen Aluminum exposed to Salt water and it looks just like the pics. We do water and salt water exposure testing to our radios (Military testing). That carb was probably on a car that was in a flood down in New Orleans during a hurricane. Or came off a car in a junk yard .
Utter nonsense, but ?‍♂️ not one of these cars are flood cars. And that white crust is exactly what ethanol does. Countless sources on the ole interweb to check it out if you wish
Don't you guys also have salt that is used to protect the roads during the winter time there? Salt is bad ju ju for aluminum. Suck enough of that in and can get that in the pictures also.
Its not salt, but yes we do use it. Im not sure how this is so hard to believe. Its a very well known issue with countless sources showing the results

If they are running E85 there which is high in alcohol? Than Yes I could see that hppening. But basic e10 or e15 mix. Can't see it happening. If that was the case think of all the cars that sit during winter time and than are driven again when nice weather comes again. I have not seen that in any of my cars or trucks.

If they are running E85 there which is high in alcohol? Than Yes I could see that hppening. But basic e10 or e15 mix. Can't see it happening. If that was the case think of all the cars that sit during winter time and than are driven again when nice weather comes again. I have not seen that in any of my cars or trucks.
A few things can alter peoples reality when it comes to ethanol fuel. This debate has struck my curiosity on how people can have such drastically different results, from essentially the same product. After a few hours of reading, and picking the brain of a person in the know, this is what i've come up with.

First, not all fuel is created equal. I always assumed standards where all the same, but theyre not. Some companies use quality additives and detergents, and others sell less quality products. Some are even believed to sell straight garbage, but I found no proof of that. I don't doubt it though.

Second, from state to state, what has ethanol is different. In my home state, everything from the pump has ethanol. In the majority of states, only regular has it. So if you pump anything above 87, you might not use ethanol fuel.

Lastly is going to be the conditions the vehicle sees. Those who don't let vehicles sit, even if its to only start it wont see as much issues. Every time you run it, you lubricate, thus fighting corrosion. Those who use additives will fight corrosion. Parking it on grass will give it more moisture to suck in, while in a building won't. Just the weather can make a diffrence. Super humid areas will see more issues.

All that said im yet to find a source that says ethanol fuel is no issue at all. The degree of damage can vary wildly, but the fact its bad never goes away. Hopefully that helps clear the air a bit.

Not but hurt, just different experiences from all of us. It's cool. I'm sure your mate sees the worst of the worst. There was a bunch of testing done around my area years ago when the ethonal hit the market. Few mom and pop shops went under. All used the same fuel vendor who mixed the ethonal too high of a percent. Depends on the station if the high test has it in or not. Some do some don't.

Not but hurt, just different experiences from all of us. It's cool. I'm sure your mate sees the worst of the worst. There was a bunch of testing done around my area years ago when the ethonal hit the market. Few mom and pop shops went under. All used the same fuel vendor who mixed the ethonal too high of a percent. Depends on the station if the high test has it in or not. Some do some don't.
Well ya, he only gets the broken stuff. Im quite sure they're not all that bad. Most the ones in his shop only have minor white crust. Doesn't take much to clog a jet, circuit, or needle seat. The fact it can happen though is why I only use it in my vehicle, and only because at under 10mpg, I can't afford $20 a gallon.?

E85 does work if the carb is setup for it for performance. Alky setup that you can basically get at the pump. But if a carb setup you will be chasing jets as the weather changes to get the best out of it. Injection with all the sensors will help but now you add a lot of stuff to the mix. I had a place back east tell me to try it in my hot rod so I could crank the boost and timing up on it. Told him can't get it here. Cali you would think they would. When I asked him about mileage because usually alky is 2X the use. He said YEAh that is a problem but they had pumps on every corner who sold the stuff where he was. I also looked earlier and you said CT. That is right on the coast and may be some of the issues too with absorbing the salt in the air and attacking things.

E85 does work if the carb is setup for it for performance. Alky setup that you can basically get at the pump. But if a carb setup you will be chasing jets as the weather changes to get the best out of it. Injection with all the sensors will help but now you add a lot of stuff to the mix. I had a place back east tell me to try it in my hot rod so I could crank the boost and timing up on it. Told him can't get it here. Cali you would think they would. When I asked him about mileage because usually alky is 2X the use. He said YEAh that is a problem but they had pumps on every corner who sold the stuff where he was. I also looked earlier and you said CT. That is right on the coast and may be some of the issues too with absorbing the salt in the air and attacking things.
I would think if you're on the coast, salt in the air might be a issue. Im a hour inland though and im not sure that would make a difference.

E85 is some powerful ?
I got a few customers who have race cars running on e85. Being inside the garage for just a few minutes with the engine running. Will make your eyes super red and tear up like a Mfer stuff is no joke.

With the cam in my car on gas.. i will choke you out and make your eyes burn if you get behind me in traffic.. Seen it happen a lot and people tell me about it.. Quiets noisy stereo guys when they get behind me.. Thier volume goes down and windows go up. LOL

With the cam in my car on gas.. i will choke you out and make your eyes burn if you get behind me in traffic.. Seen it happen a lot and people tell me about it.. Quiets noisy stereo guys when they get behind me.. Thier volume goes down and windows go up. LOL
I can't stand when cars go by with music so loud my windows shake. It should be legal to take a shot at them, just in the tires of course? they started handing out heafty tickets in my area. Was a great day when that started?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks