Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I've gotten to shoot a friends supressed 300bo with subs in it. I was really impressed with how quiet it was. Switched to std loads and was still impressed with the noise leval. And that was out of a 9" barreled pistol set up. Took the suppressor off and jeez made your ears hurt after a few shots, even with subsonic ammo. I would love to get one for my .458 socom and get a few 600gr subs to plug through, just cant justify the cost right now. Really its stupid suppressors are a nfa item. I mean seriously it's not making guns James bond quiet.

If you can get your hands on a 308 bolt action supressor ready rifle , let me know, ill send you some of my 308 subsonic ammo. The stuff is REALLY quiet. So quiet in fact you can actually hear the bullet spin whizzing sound as the bullet travels downrange ! ?

Well I have a ar10 in .308. Adjustable gas block and standard 5/8 threaded faxton barrel just no suppressor lol. Thanks for the offer though. I did just start reloading for it. Got some 180gr sierra tipped game kings on order. May down load a few to subsonic to play with.

Well I have a ar10 in .308. Adjustable gas block and standard 5/8 threaded faxton barrel just no suppressor lol. Thanks for the offer though. I did just start reloading for it. Got some 180gr sierra tipped game kings on order. May down load a few to subsonic to play with.

I went old 'skool in semi-auto 7.62 and bought a traditional walnut Springfield Armory M1A loaded. What an AWESOME "nostalgic" shooting experience ! Too bad we didn't live closer, I belong to a large 2000+ member gun club and we could meet up and throw some lead ! I enjoy having guests and sharing my unique firearms for them to experience.

Id love to have one, they are sweat to shoot., and very accurate. I got to shoot a guys m1 garand in 30-06. Softest shooting 06 I've ever shot. My nostalgic rifle is a boring old sks. I have a single shot, manual cocking 22 from the 50s. Have to make a new firing bar for it. I think it's a Steven's. Also have a bolt action 410 from around the same vintage. Sure is a shame we don't live closer, I'd take you up on the range session. I have a few odd calibers as well

Id love to have one, they are sweat to shoot., and very accurate. I got to shoot a guys m1 garand in 30-06. Softest shooting 06 I've ever shot. My nostalgic rifle is a boring old sks. I have a single shot, manual cocking 22 from the 50s. Have to make a new firing bar for it. I think it's a Steven's. Also have a bolt action 410 from around the same vintage. Sure is a shame we don't live closer, I'd take you up on the range session. I have a few odd calibers as well

I have a CMP M1 Garand as well. Same wonderfull shooting experience ! I have terrible eyes (very nearsighted) so i struggle with iron sights but i enjoy the challenge. Im a decent shot out to 200 yds, but beyond that i really struggle.

Well got to pick up my birthday present from my wife today. Tikka t3x lightweight in 300 win mag. Ordered the maintain tactical bottom metal for the aics mags this afternoon. Just need scope mounts and a scope for it. Gotta love when you jokingly tell your wife I want a new gun and she buys one for you ?

Attachments

• 15933063764352955610537286106896.jpg
    15933063764352955610537286106896.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 6
There is a TON of misinformation in this thread. I started skimming the further I got in, but from what I've seen, @Seandonato73 and @31FordCoupe are the only ones giving enough information to get an accurate view of the process.

The following information is for buying from a dealer/store. Buying privately has other laws and is sometimes quite shady because most people don't really follow the laws it seems. It also will vary depending on the state. Here's a list to break that down a bit more. https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-...arry firearms in,Jersey, District of Columbia).

1. To walk into a store and buy a gun and leave with it the same day, you will need a concealed carry permit/concealed weapons license. The process of getting one involves having to go through a gun safety course (admittedly most of these courses are impossible to fail, and are kind of a joke). You will then be fingerprinted and have your fingerprints put into a national registry called the NICS. The NICS is a national system that checks available records on persons who may be disqualified from receiving firearms. You then have a waiting period to get one (can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months).

2. Assuming you have completed 1, you must also be a resident of that state, meaning your address on your license must be from the state you are buying the firearm in. If you are not a resident of that state, you can still purchase it, but you will have to have it mailed to a licensed firearm dealer in your home state. (For the gun people here, yes I know about neighboring states, but I'm trying to keep it applicable to more states.)

3. Even if you have a concealed carry permit, you will still be submitted to a background check via the NICS for every single firearm you purchase from any dealer/store. If you want to buy 2 guns at the same exact time, you will have to do 2 background checks.

4. ALL of this information only applies to basic firearms, up to and including semi-auto rates of fire. For any fully automatic or burst fire weapon (any weapon that fires more than 1 bullet per trigger pull), any silenced/suppressed weapon, any rifle/shotgun with a barrel length under the stated minimum (16" for rifles 18" for shotguns) you will need to go through a much lengthier process. You will need to purchase a "tax stamp" which is basically $200 fee for processing your Form 4 (paperwork needed to legally own one of the mentioned items). As of writing this post, the ATF estimates the return time on a Form 4 at 7 months.

Call it what you want JT3 but unless something has changed dramatically in Md since 2017, I walked into the gun store in Germantown MD and walked out in 15 minutes with this.
20171014_164115.jpg
Shotgun same way. I walked in peepee's Sporting Goods and purchased my Remington 870. Same day bruh. Handguns are a whole nother ballpark. Gotta jump through all kind of hoops for them. And done that a few times?

Call it what you want JT3 but unless something has changed dramatically in Md since 2017, I walked into the gun store in Germantown MD and walked out in 15 minutes with this.
View attachment 60814
Shotgun same way. I walked in peepee's Sporting Goods and purchased my Remington 870. Same day bruh. Handguns are a whole nother ballpark. Gotta jump through all kind of hoops for them. And done that a few times?
lol from the link I posted regarding state laws.

"Iowa, Maryland, and New Jersey have waiting periods for handgun purchases only. "

There is a TON of misinformation in this thread. I started skimming the further I got in, but from what I've seen, @Seandonato73 and @31FordCoupe are the only ones giving enough information to get an accurate view of the process.

The following information is for buying from a dealer/store. Buying privately has other laws and is sometimes quite shady because most people don't really follow the laws it seems. It also will vary depending on the state. Here's a list to break that down a bit more. https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-sales/waiting-periods/#:~:text=Permits to carry firearms in,Jersey, District of Columbia).

1. To walk into a store and buy a gun and leave with it the same day, you will need a concealed carry permit/concealed weapons license. The process of getting one involves having to go through a gun safety course (admittedly most of these courses are impossible to fail, and are kind of a joke). You will then be fingerprinted and have your fingerprints put into a national registry called the NICS. The NICS is a national system that checks available records on persons who may be disqualified from receiving firearms. You then have a waiting period to get one (can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months).

2. Assuming you have completed 1, you must also be a resident of that state, meaning your address on your license must be from the state you are buying the firearm in. If you are not a resident of that state, you can still purchase it, but you will have to have it mailed to a licensed firearm dealer in your home state. (For the gun people here, yes I know about neighboring states, but I'm trying to keep it applicable to more states.)

3. Even if you have a concealed carry permit, you will still be submitted to a background check via the NICS for every single firearm you purchase from any dealer/store. If you want to buy 2 guns at the same exact time, you will have to do 2 background checks.

4. ALL of this information only applies to basic firearms, up to and including semi-auto rates of fire. For any fully automatic or burst fire weapon (any weapon that fires more than 1 bullet per trigger pull), any silenced/suppressed weapon, any rifle/shotgun with a barrel length u

The following information is for buying from a dealer/store. Buying privately has other laws and is sometimes quite shady because most people don't really follow the laws it seems. It also will vary depending on the state. Here's a list to break that down a bit more. https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-sales/waiting-periods/#:~:text=Permits to carry firearms in,Jersey, District of Columbia).

4. ALL of this information only applies to basic firearms, up to and including semi-auto rates of fire. For any fully automatic or burst fire weapon (any weapon that fires more than 1 bullet per trigger pull), any silenced/suppressed weapon, any rifle/shotgun with a barrel length under the stated minimum (16" for rifles 18" for shotguns) you will need to go through a much lengthier process. You will need to purchase a "tax stamp" which is basically $200 fee for processing your Form 4 (paperwork needed to legally own one of the mentioned items). As of writing this post, the ATF estimates the return time on a Form 4 at 7 months.

Just to be clear, don't walk into my thread and claim "a TON of misinformation in this thread." and then proceeded to post your "misinformation" which is : "1. To walk into a store and buy a gun and leave with it the same day, you will need a concealed carry permit/concealed weapons license."

The above stated claim is completely FALSE with regards to the purchasing of firearms laws in my state of residence which is New Hampshire.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nh-gun-laws/

http://nhgunshop.com/buying-guns-new-hampshire.htm

The above stated claim has truth in OTHER states . The laws vary SUBSTANTIALLY from state to state and it's YOUR obligation as a resident to research and understand YOUR individual state's gun purchase and ownership laws.

Just to be clear, don't walk into my thread and claim "a TON of misinformation in this thread." and then proceeded to post your "misinformation" which is : "1. To walk into a store and buy a gun and leave with it the same day, you will need a concealed carry permit/concealed weapons license."

The above stated claim is completely FALSE with regards to the purchasing of firearms laws in my state of residence which is New Hampshire.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/nh-gun-laws/

http://nhgunshop.com/buying-guns-new-hampshire.htm

The above stated claim has truth in OTHER states . The laws vary SUBSTANTIALLY from state to state and it's YOUR obligation as a resident to research and understand YOUR individual state's gun purchase and ownership laws.
Lol. Which is why I said in my post that it varies from state to state and even provided a link showing most of the state's waiting periods and restrictions.

Well got to pick up my birthday present from my wife today. Tikka t3x lightweight in 300 win mag. Ordered the maintain tactical bottom metal for the aics mags this afternoon. Just need scope mounts and a scope for it. Gotta love when you jokingly tell your wife I want a new gun and she buys one for you ?

Now you sir, have a GOOD woman ! Those T3X's have MUCH respect for outstanding out of the box shooters. I have a R700 "mutt" that I put together to shoot a Sig Saur 1000 yd instructional class. Mine's pretty heavy @ 14.2# and I have a muzzle brake which greatly helps tame the felt recoil. I shot over 120 rounds over the course of the day at that class and let me be clear, even with the hefty weight AND the brake my shoulder was SPENT ! I was also shooting a precision handload using the Hornady 208 gr A-Max and 75 gr of Hodgton H1000 powder ! I was at about 2760 fps. I was in the top 3 students within my class of 10 and I was SO proud. There was some really good shooters in my class.

Yeah, shes a dime for sure. I couldnt believe she bought it, shes not much of a gun person. I shoot a 7 mag model 70 winchester, and 338 mag 116 savage. So I'm well versed with the recoil, this will kick a bit harder as it weighs next to nothing. A break just isnt in the cards, I'm normally hunting with one of my brothers or my dad. So keeping the muzzle blast forward is a must. This filled 2 roles for me. Light weight to pack deep in the woods, and it's the missing caliber in my 375 h&h parent case line up. I grabbed 2 boxes of federal fusion 180gr to sight it in with. Have an athlon talos btr 4-14x44mm on it's way. I'm hoping with some good hand loads to get sub moa @100 with it. Super stoked to get to the range next week. My wife is coming with too, so I'll get her sorted on the pistols and hope to have her shoot the 5.56 as well. We only have the morning to shoot, and I have a few thay need sighted in. Figured I'd start with the tikka and work down to the 22lr I picked up a bit ago. Have a glock build to function test as well as getting a 223 wylde dialed in better. For some reason it shoots off to the right about an inch with hornady v max 55 gr ammo.

My 300WM barrel is a Sondero heavy contour and it prooved to be very fussy with bullet weight trying to find a good load. I tried 180s, 190s, 200s , Matchkings, and nothing was working, had some good loads but could not get sub moa at 200 yds until i got a great load tip from the old Snipers Hide forum for the 208 Amax / H1000 load and my barrel immediately showed MOA groups.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks