Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that a real gun???

Forgive my ignorance but we don't do guns like that in the UK and if we do you need to have a thourough check to see if you can own one. Never seen a real gun before , just shot guns.
J
Unfortunately not ? its a real immation firearm, used for airsoft, like paintball for those that don't know ??

Unfortunately not ? its a real immation firearm, used for airsoft, like paintball for those that don't know ??
Not that one couldnt be purchased in America. I had one when I lived in KS, but had to sell it to move back to my commie state. They decided black guns are scary and must be banned. Yet my 45-90, that can literally shoot through a trucks engine is ok because its wood color.?‍♂️ Guns don't kill people, other people do. Take away the guns and they use something else. This has been proven over and over.
Easy Z, go dump cold water on yourself. Doug, be careful with such talk. Z's hormones are on fire and hes got no release. Hes gonna pop?

Last edited:
I was wondering what you needed to buy a gun in America.
I was talking to my wife who has visited the USA a few times and she said you can just walk into a gun shop and there are guns there like there are groceries in a grocery shop. Machine guns,hand guns,rifles,shotguns etc.
Is it that easy to buy one or do you need some sort of special license?
J
A lot of it depends on what State you live in as to how easy it is to get a Gun and the type of gun you are going for. I live in NY state it's a lot harder to get a gun here. Rifles are a bit easier. The AR-15 pictured is sort of outlawed in NY if you own one you have to register it with the state. And you can't buy one any more in NY.

Its crazy hearing someone say they have never seen one in person. In Md they make it hard as fek. You have to jump thru a ton of hoops to get a hand gun. Be 21, take a gun safety class, fingerprints, background check and 7 day wait period. After the background check and fingerprints are in the database you can buy 1 handgun per month if you want for 5yrs I believe with a quick background check and 7 day wait. AR's like pictures, shotguns, or rifles can be purchased same day, some at the local Walmart by answering a few simple questions and being 18. They are not federally regulated. I've bought guns online and from gun stores. Getting a concealed license in Md is damn near impossible.

If anyone wants a AR just build your own. All the parts can be bought online, and a bit of machine work on the lower receiver and you're in buisness. 100% free and clear with no serial number or fascist registration.? Shall not be infringed seems fairly straightforward to me?‍♂️

Theres no such thing as walking into a store and walking out with a gun, with out meeting certain criteria. Here in Pa we have to go through a background check for every firearm purchased. No stupid waiting periods. don't pass no gun for you. I have had a concealed carry permit as long as I've been able to own hand guns. Gun registration of any kind is unconstitutional. NY is a commie state, and gets away with all kinds of atrocities towards its residents. Yes ammo can be mail ordered. Honestly I don't see the big deal in it. I literally go through thousands of rounds a year. Local store don't stock in bulk. Buying in bulk allows me to enjoy shooting sports. Between skeet, wobble and trap you can blow 500 rounds a day. 20 rounds a set, normally you do at least 5 sets per station. Let alone if your shooting doubles or triples. Ammo gets burned up fast. I was starting to get into 3 gun tournaments before I had my kids. Now you have a pistol, rifle, and a shot gun you do courses with. And that doesn't count practice. A afternoon at the range I'll let sit close to 1k rounds between the pistols and rifle. Shot gunning I get plenty of practice with.
The ar15 thing to me is laughable. Ar stand for armalight the original maker of the platform. It's never been to war, it's only ever been a civilian model. Its semiautomatic, which in turn means you squeeze the trigger it goes bang. Hold the trigger till your finger falls off and it wont do anything till you pull the trigger again. M4, M16 are the military version. Select fire and full automatic. You need a class 3 FFL. To be able to own one legally anywhere in the usa. Yes you can mail order any gun, to tour local FFL which will make sure you can legally own one. With all the restrictions in place it's very hard for a criminal to purchase a firearm legally. Gun swaps are ran the same here in Pa. Everything must go through a FFL to be purchased. I can keep going if you like...

I'll take you down as my accomplice ?. We share the building with our local PD. It's funny how little some of them know about gun laws, or the constitution in general. I often find myself in debates with them, and have to look up the law codes to prove I'm right. Chief Mayberry gets quite the kick out of it.

That would depend on the state in which you live. Arizona is the most gun friendly state by far but Texas cant be too far behind. Most of the strict gun laws are to prevent criminals from getting there hands on them but I have yet to find a store that caters said criminals. They tend to steal them anyway. The type of firearm also has a lot to do with it. Some state allow Class 3 Firearms but you must have a permits and they are not cheap. In Texas you can purchase a firearm online from sites like Guntrader or Gunbroker from private citizens or dealers. If you purchase from a private seller in your state (Texas) it can even be shipped through the US Mail. If from out of state it will be shipped to a licensed FFL holder of your choice ( for a small fee ) but before you take possession of it the standard paperwork will need to be filled out and filed. Handguns, long guns or shotguns are pretty much the same procedure. Another option to consider is building one. 80% lowers can be purchased online from several companies and once completed with the parts kits for that firearm are fully functional and legal provided you meet the standard requirements for owning a firearm. The rules are very specific on these so if you go this route do your homework first. Don't just take my word for it or someone else's either. As for the types that can be DIY, or kit's thay are for for both pistols and long guns and if built with quality parts are quality firearms.

Attachments

• 20200606_110336.jpg
    20200606_110336.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200606_110313.jpg
    20200606_110313.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 7
Very nice. Have you seen the former spokesman for the NRA and movie actor Charleston Heston's private collection? It is the most impressive private collection that I have ever had the opportunity to see by far.

I live in NH and we are one of the very fortunate "gun friendly" states . With proof of NH residency (valid I.D.) and being able to pass the mandatory NCIS background check, I can basically cash and carry out the door most all types of firearms. I also lawfully own multiple "NFA" type items that are in many states illegal (silencers and rifles with barrels <16" which are categorized as "SBR" or Short Barrel Rifle" ) . I have to pay an additional $200 per NFA item, fill out a lot of paperwork, be fingerprinted and wait up to a year for approval. I also have a concealed carry handgun permit.

Here's a great gun talk thread I started a while back :
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/firearms-chat-thread.23400/#post-227735

I currently own about 29 firearms .
Some but not all:

I live in NH and we are one of the very fortunate "gun friendly" states . With proof of NH residency (valid I.D.) and being able to pass the mandatory NCIS background check, I can basically cash and carry out the door most all types of firearms. I also lawfully own multiple "NFA" type items that are in many states illegal (silencers and rifles with barrels <16" which are categorized as "SBR" or Short Barrel Rifle" ) . I have to pay an additional $200 per NFA item, fill out a lot of paperwork, be fingerprinted and wait up to a year for approval. I also have a concealed carry handgun permit.

Here's a great gun talk thread I started a while back :
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/firearms-chat-thread.23400/#post-227735

I currently own about 29 firearms .
Some but not all:

Nice. I live in a communist state that requires a license just to buy ammunition, outlawed AR's, and many other guns. Luckily I purchased most of my stuff in KS, were you can by almost anything in a matter of 15 min. Its kinda sad guns I bought legally, will now make me a felon if im caught with them. I truly despise liberal dogooders and their misguided policies.

haven't taken the leap into silencers yet. I have no interest in sbr. As a pistol set up works about the same sans nfa bs. Wish they would drop the pesky tax stamp as well.

Silencers are REALLY cool if you handload your own ammunition. Hollywood tends to over-exaggerate the quietness of a typical silencer. With a typical 308 bolt action rifle shooting regular ammo you still need hearing protection, but a silencer does make a huge difference. I can get close to "hollywood quiet" by loading specialized "subsonic" ammunition. Subsonic ammo simple means the velocity remains below the speed of sound which is about 1150 fps. I load all my subsonic rifle ammunition to be no faster than 1025 fps and this makes a huge difference in sound especially shooting subsonic ammo through a silencer. Absolutely no need for hearing protection shooting subs.

Oh I've gotten to shoot a friends supressed 300bo with subs in it. I was really impressed with how quiet it was. Switched to std loads and was still impressed with the noise leval. And that was out of a 9" barreled pistol set up. Took the suppressor off and jeez made your ears hurt after a few shots, even with subsonic ammo. I would love to get one for my .458 socom and get a few 600gr subs to plug through, just cant justify the cost right now. Really its stupid suppressors are a nfa item. I mean seriously it's not making guns James bond quiet.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks