Had the boat out again today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took the Boat out again today. Took it down to Lock 32 on the Erie Canal . There is a lot more room to run . Soon as the video finishes up loading I'll attach it to this tread . Flipped the boat twice today. I picked up a Proboat Miss Gieco17 to use as a rescue boat it worked great for the first flip until the battery ran out of juice. Let my buddy play with the boat before it was rescue time. Big mistake. When I flipped the big boat the second time I had to use the Kayak of shame for the first time. Didn't fill the bottom of the kayak with air ( didn't no where the valve was).
Took about 10 mins to paddle out to the boat while taking on water. Took about 15 to 20 to paddle back with about 8" of water in the kayak. It was 89* out , I was nice and cool in the kayak but I was exhausted from hauling myself and all the water about 1/8 of a mile back to the dock. I should have had the camera on for that episode . It was comical. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Also found out I bought the wrong size life vest . It didn't fit . It was like I was re-enacting the scene "Fatman in a little coat" . :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: So as I was taking on water it was like "Well I guess the captain goes down with his ship " Oh I forgot to mention next to the lock is a water fall and the current kept wanting to take me and the kayak towards the falls. Can you say Mommy .:cry::cry::ROFLMAO::poop:

LOL....I had built a 43'' hydro back in the early 90's with a chainsaw engine ,test run didn't go so well ,some
water had splashed in the carb an killed the engine in the middle of the lake .I don't swim .my drunk father-law
went out on a tube an recovered it!...LOL

That thing can move! Good thing you were able to save her. My buddy's boat is still at the bottom of the local pond after 4 years because he didn't think to bring a rescue craft or even a float tube when he capsized it.

He even built an RC sub to find it, but was unsuccessful in his rescue attempt.

That thing can move! Good thing you were able to save her. My buddy's boat is still at the bottom of the local pond after 4 years because he didn't think to bring a rescue craft or even a float tube when he capsized it.

He even built an RC sub to find it, but was unsuccessful in his rescue attempt.

The boats that I had ,came with styro -foam in them to keep them a float in case of a miss hap ,
one time , I let my daughter run my boat ,as it had reverse ,she hit reverse at full WOT an sunk the boat ,
the bow stayed up out of the water because of the foam!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks