Haric’s kraken vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have a question for the machinists here. Im still getting really ugly cuts with my mill. Big nasty burrs, and struggling to hol the line I want to mill to. The end mills I bought are cheap harbor freight, and I think that may be my issue. Is there a brand with reasonable prices I should look to for better tooling? Seeing these cool parts has me quite jealous and I really want to make my own. It doesn't look hard, but im failing at the basics.?

@siblues Thanks for doing that bro. The 28mm should clear. Just waiting on that rear??

A couple minor adjustments on the cover and it should be good. I gotta move the switch away from the wall a little. Too close to the wall for my liking. Also going to machine some thumb screws to lock the cover down. C8C3E33F-DE0F-481A-9A50-B4766212B365.jpegBA119ED0-3C09-4111-B691-9F6CC4315E09.jpegA48856FE-E881-4AE1-A3DA-96CF94C7CA85.jpegF2419EA5-D7F2-42E2-8843-D3FB2B52057B.jpeg
So I have a question for the machinists here. Im still getting really ugly cuts with my mill. Big nasty burrs, and struggling to hol the line I want to mill to. The end mills I bought are cheap harbor freight, and I think that may be my issue. Is there a brand with reasonable prices I should look to for better tooling? Seeing these cool parts has me quite jealous and I really want to make my own. It doesn't look hard, but im failing at the basics.?
Harbor freight endmills are no good. Check out Lakeshorecarbide.com
I use mostly 3/8’s for most jobs. Get roughing endmill to remove materials faster and use regular carbide to finish. I also use 1/4 and 3/16’s for finishing. You also gotta use coolant to keep your endmill cool and get that nice finish

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest my LSF bros. Let me know what parts you guys want made. If I can design it on a CAD, we can make it. If you have the stock part that you want made you can send me the exact measurements, or the part. if I have the part I can try to design it. I have a vekta and a losifive 2.0. So I can pull stock parts off it and get measurements from it. If you want parts for dbxl then an exact measurements need to be sent to me.
Remember folks,I work a full time job and this is just a hobby for me. I enjoy making parts for this new found passion and don’t plan on making a fortune out of it (at least not yet?)
fancy thumbscrews to lock the cover down
D3BB2AB0-6730-4735-8435-FE3839282FB6.jpeg6294B4BA-30B2-4B38-89BE-C38DD28D911F.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks