Haric’s kraken vekta.5 lse build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how much? but I invested a lot over the last 13 years. Aluminum is about $4.50 a pound.
Im revising the design for the cover. I’m adding another Compartment on top of the cover for the rx so it’s separated from the battery
What kind of machine are you using to cut? I don't know much about machining. @Seandonato73 get in here. Hobby grade aluminum milling machine. Gimme.

Last edited:
Is there anything that could be used to make RC parts from aluminum that isn't thousands of dollars?
And all I want is a bench top mill and a small lath lol

look at the old Bridgeport milling machines
And old southbend lathes. I see them go for cheap. with a little TLC they will serve you well.

Benchtop mills are made in China. If you’re looking to do some serious work with a tolerance of .001 then that’s not for you. Even my Cnc machine is made in China. With some serious adjustments it can do some pretty decent tolerance on the parts.

Members over at the other side of the pond, myford lathes are nice. You can make round parts for the 5th scales. Dog bones, diff cups etc.

Beautiful @Haric I finally got my FFRC dual servo mounts for the vekta. Let me know if you need any more measurements?? Prob start tearing it down tomorrow.

yeah bro.. see if you can give me the measurements for the rear mounts. You can just hold a tape measure And take pics and post them if you don’t have Calipers. I need the width of the mount and the screw hole measurement like this:
A9933C31-67AB-4B00-BE7F-4C8DD997FB05.png
and like this:
A9933C31-67AB-4B00-BE7F-4C8DD997FB05.png61A40357-8F2C-4255-A91A-938DCE33B0BC.jpeg

+1 If I had those and some brazing equipment I'd never have to pay and go to a machine shop
Brazing is easy @Z.hb71 . you can actually do it with map gas and stay silver45. Get some good flux that melts at about 900-1000 deg. Go to your local welding shop and ask them for brazing flux that melts at low temp
This is brazed with map gas and stay silver 45

F219CE77-E4E4-4AAB-8A69-819FA6183EEE.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah bro.. see if you can give me the measurements for the rear mounts. You can just hold a tape measure And take pics and post them if you don’t have Calipers. I need the width of the mount and the screw hole measurement like this:
View attachment 60602
and like this:
View attachment 60602View attachment 60607

Brazing is easy @Z.hb71 . you can actually do it with map gas and stay silver45. Get some good flux that melts at about 900-1000 deg. Go to your local welding shop and ask them for brazing flux that melts at low temp
I know , brazing is super cheap. I'm actually look into doing some soon if the machine shop charges too much ? rest isnt so cheap ?‍♂️?

View attachment 60602
and like this:
View attachment 60602View attachment 60607

This is brazed with map gas and stay silver 45

View attachment 60609
Which one? I haven't taken it apart yet to see which is which.
20200624_214058.jpg
I think this is how they mount in the truck
20200624_214333.jpg

@crucialRC Yeah that’s how it’s mounted.
from the looks of it, that middle mount looks like the same width as the front mount. So we’re good on those. It clears. The rear mount will be all the way at the back where there’s 2 holes right at the end of chassis brace. I think we’re good!!
Btw, just curious, what’s the height of that front mount? About 42mm?

F886CE45-E107-41D0-9F04-F70C249C1BDB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks