Help ID This Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on when it was bought or what was changed there was a new compound of black plastic released and even a full set of delrin (white) tranny gears that where pretty tough and didn't get soo hot. But a stock engine is always easier on parts. There was even a model that had almost all metal.... back in the day they where new

Thanks again, haven't popped the cover yet, just found a cold solder joint on the servo board. Everything is very clean and no screws are stripped. He wasn't the first owner, he couldn't get it going and it sat for years....
I've just realized that the stock set up was with dual steering servo's this one has been switched to a single, which needs to be replaced.

Last edited:
Be wary as redcat stuff is mediocre, the only real issue I had which drove me up the wall with my xt was the screws were too soft and stripped the heads out very easily. Just my 2 cents

Be wary as redcat stuff is mediocre, the only real issue I had which drove me up the wall with my xt was the screws were too soft and stripped the heads out very easily. Just my 2 cents
Thanks. It looks to be heavily modded. $150 for this and an HPI Savage, I figured couldn't go wrong and should be some fun bashing for my two boys.
I am a Machinist and building replacement parts is half the fun!

It probably needed 2 steering servos stock cause there was like 20kg servos available cheap. 2 servos 2x the gears for the hits, half the heat??? Easy to find 100kg servos now but you can pay threw the nose with all the fancy metals and coreless motors, programmable... best is what fits your budget and can give you enough to make it work for what you want it to do. I'd try 2 half decent that will give a 100kg. On the other hand I am getting 3 100kg agf servos for my mega truck, cause I just need it to have tonnes of power and not burn out under high demands, but your truck weighs much less and you probably don't demand so much from your truck. By the weigh, good score with those trucks! Make sure to tell your buddy how much fun your having when you get them out, but make less of a point of the troubles you may have getting there.

It probably needed 2 steering servos stock cause there was like 20kg servos available cheap. 2 servos 2x the gears for the hits, half the heat??? Easy to find 100kg servos now but you can pay threw the nose with all the fancy metals and coreless motors, programmable... best is what fits your budget and can give you enough to make it work for what you want it to do. I'd try 2 half decent that will give a 100kg. On the other hand I am getting 3 100kg agf servos for my mega truck, cause I just need it to have tonnes of power and not burn out under high demands, but your truck weighs much less and you probably don't demand so much from your truck. By the weigh, good score with those trucks! Make sure to tell your buddy how much fun your having when you get them out, but make less of a point of the troubles you may have getting there.
Thanks, Yeah, I am seeing that now. One servo is more than what I paid for the whole shebang. I've got the old servo apart, board looks good, it seams the motor is seized. Ill have to figure out how the original dual setup worked.

I like the fact @KustomKB is a machinist, alot of respect for that. I'm pretty sure he has the brain and skill set to amaze us. Run it and have fun and fix what is weak as it shows itself.

Thanks Rep, that's the plan bash it 'till it breaks and then make it better than before, better, stronger, faster. We have the technology.
Here is my "half Scale" build;
https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/giant-half-scale-build.17551/

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks