Help me choose a Tx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mj.jafari

Just a got a new 5ive T2.0 , pretty excited.
I’m stuck between DX5 pro and Rugged. Is there much difference? Based on specs, the rugged doesn’t have ABS which I won’t be using anyway. Can you guys think of a scenario that I’d need the Pro version ? TBH not sure what are the advantages of the pro version.
Thanks

If it was me I'd buy the rugged one, just because I'm clumsy but also because I don't stop if it's raining etc and use the same transmitter for my 5th scales and crawlers.
I've tried ABS but only offroad and to be honest I found it a pain and not helpful, might be of use onroad.

Don't overlook trigger feel when buying a tx. I've got a dsx4 and the trigger doesn't have enough resistance, feel for me. Not sure how ya go about holding them all but it is something to consider.

Used it on my savage, if set up properly it stops fine without the endo effect

Off-road?... Last I tried it I was running my Marder on asphalt, just kept blowing past the turns especially if I was racing someone into the turn. I suppose I could have spent more time playing with adjustments. Either way worth it to give a try.

Hey @DougStar, what kind of brakes you running on the MCD?

Off-road?... Last I tried it I was running my Marder on asphalt, just kept blowing past the turns especially if I was racing someone into the turn. I suppose I could have spent more time playing with adjustments. Either way worth it to give a try.

Hey @DougStar, what kind of brakes you running on the MCD?
Its a double disc brake on the center diff like a losi👍🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks