hoopty used 5b rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Change to preference. You probably know but I'll say anyways, the number of clutch spring, such as 6000, means it will engage the clutch at 6000 rpm. 8000 will engage at 8000 rpm, and so on. So the later the engagement the harder the launch.

Change to preference. You probably know but I'll say anyways, the number of clutch spring, such as 6000, means it will engage the clutch at 6000 rpm. 8000 will engage at 8000 rpm, and so on. So the later the engagement the harder the launch.

Yeah I figured, I will just have to see how it takes off. I still have the SS clutch and spring witch I think is an 8k spring. Not looking to launch it hard and in sand that hard engagement can spin the tires too fast and get you stuck.

Fired the engine this weekend. Still need to get some dirt tires so I can drive it. Fired right up! Probably didn’t need to cycle the engine as many times as I did but wanted to make sure it had plenty of fuel for lubrication. Fired right up on the first pull just past top dead center. I will be following the procedure OBR recommends for break in. Defiantly ready to get this thing in the dunes!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks