hoopty used 5b rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z, your a moron if you think a high quality synthetic has less protection then a caster or caster/ synthetic blend. Any of them will yield outstanding results. To the point where I could run three different engines with high quality oils of each type and you wouldnt be able to tell me which ran on what. Your belief is based on myths and misinformation propagated by people that either refused to embrace modern lubricants or are too stupid to realize that each lubricant, if used properly, will protect the engine for its entire usable life. I don't give a crap if it's a weed wacker or my old man's 2.3l black max. Stay away from conventional oil, but the other 3 types are fair game, only thing separating them is personal preference.

Z, your a moron if you think a high quality synthetic has less protection then a caster or caster/ synthetic blend. Any of them will yield outstanding results. To the point where I could run three different engines with high quality oils of each type and you wouldnt be able to tell me which ran on what. Your belief is based on myths and misinformation propagated by people that either refused to embrace modern lubricants or are too stupid to realize that each lubricant, if used properly, will protect the engine for its entire usable life. I don't give a crap if it's a weed wacker or my old man's 2.3l black max. Stay away from conventional oil, but the other 3 types are fair game, only thing separating them is personal preference.
Ok then I stand corrected ?
yeah u've been told boyo??
Shut it dik head ??

what size spacer do I need under the engine. The one that sits between the chassis and the clutch cover on the crank case. The original one looks like it was 9.5mm after test fitting it looks like i need a 4.5mm spacer does that sound right?
oops, looks like I was missing something. Should be more like 7mm

Quick update, calling it a night. My order form A-Main also showed up! Pretty much just followed the manual and started putting this thing together.

Rebuild the Diff with new o-rings, new bearings, 5000K diff fluid and some fresh grease.

Got the engine in, Hope my 7mm spacer is the correct size. Everything seems to line up so I think I'm good. Installed a fullforcerc fuel line kit with new fuel filter. Brand new air-filter from HPI and a DDM outerwear. Also installed some hostile drive shaft boots with fresh grease.

Ill have more updates after work tomorrow. I still need to decide on electronics. I have a spektrum RX. Need to get a fail safe. I would like to run a lipo with a BEC and a voltage alarm. What do you guys run? I think the throttle servo it came with will be fine. Its got the stock HPI steering servo, may update this pretty quick. Also test fited the DDM silenced v2 rear dom pipe. I think I need to look on their site and see if they have installation instructions.
ahh....spacers ?

The one that goes between here and the chassis

Well I suck at taking progress pictures. Got excited with all the new parts and finished putting this thing together! Still need to decide on electronics. I think I have a few 2s (7.4v) lipos that will fit in the radio box. Will use a BEC to step the voltage down to 5-6 volts maybe a little more depending on what my servos will take. Also need to get a fail safe. Still don't have any tires other than paddles so ill be on the look out for affordable dirt tires. planning on painting the body white black and grey. Sticking with the orange blue and white theme I had with my last SS.

Also wanted to thank all the awesome members here for the help and support! So many of my newbie questions could have easily been answered by me dong a bunch of searching but everyone was happy to chime in and help me out! Also huge thanks to 21bangbang for sending me some 5b parts he didn't have a use for. Hope I can re-pay the favor someday. Large scale guys are awesome!

Would like to paint the body in a snow camo sort of like this...

Also found some oil left over from the last Yamaha Banshee I had. This should be good oil for the new engine. I think Yamalube was one of the oils OBR recommend. Might even start it tomorrow and do the first 10min heat cycle. Will need some dirt tires before I can complete the break-in process.

Well I suck at taking progress pictures. Got excited with all the new parts and finished putting this thing together! Still need to decide on electronics. I think I have a few 2s (7.4v) lipos that will fit in the radio box. Will use a BEC to step the voltage down to 5-6 volts maybe a little more depending on what my servos will take. Also need to get a fail safe. Still don't have any tires other than paddles so ill be on the look out for affordable dirt tires. planning on painting the body white black and grey. Sticking with the orange blue and white theme I had with my last SS.

Also wanted to thank all the awesome members here for the help and support! So many of my newbie questions could have easily been answered by me dong a bunch of searching but everyone was happy to chime in and help me out! Also huge thanks to 21bangbang for sending me some 5b parts he didn't have a use for. Hope I can re-pay the favor someday. Large scale guys are awesome!

Would like to paint the body in a snow camo sort of like this...

Also found some oil left over from the last Yamaha Banshee I had. This should be good oil for the new engine. I think Yamalube was one of the oils OBR recommend. Might even start it tomorrow and do the first 10min heat cycle. Will need some dirt tires before I can complete the break-in process.
Looks awesome man ? that paint scheme does too.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks