hoopty used 5b rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
missed out on the 290 in the for sale section. Kicking myself for not jumping on it faster. Current plan is to just do the zen290 with a silenced V2 rear dom pipe for $299

I need a body, can’t find an HPI one in stock. Found a new clear rovan body for $26 and free shipping do these fit ok on the HPI? I like painting, figured with a cool paint job it would look fine.

missed out on the 290 in the for sale section. Kicking myself for not jumping on it faster. Current plan is to just do the zen290 with a silenced V2 rear dom pipe for $299

I need a body, can’t find an HPI one in stock. Found a new clear rovan body for $26 and free shipping do these fit ok on the HPI? I like painting, figured with a cool paint job it would look fine.
Yeah they fit fine.

Lame update but its something. With what little time I had this weekend I got most everything pulled apart and cleaned. At lease enough to see what was broken or worn so I could get parts ordered. For the most part everything was in pretty good shape! several crunchy bearings, broken front shock tower support and a few other little things. I have a big pile of screws and I'm pretty sure I already forgot where everything goes. Hoping I can find a manual online and just build it like a kit. If memory serves I think the manual called out every screw size an length.

Lame update but its something. With what little time I had this weekend I got most everything pulled apart and cleaned. At lease enough to see what was broken or worn so I could get parts ordered. For the most part everything was in pretty good shape! several crunchy bearings, broken front shock tower support and a few other little things. I have a big pile of screws and I'm pretty sure I already forgot where everything goes. Hoping I can find a manual online and just build it like a kit. If memory serves I think the manual called out every screw size an length.

Good looking. You can find the Baja 5b ss manual very easily, and yeah it does say every screw size ?

Spent $410 at DDM and $100 at Amain hobbies last night. Should have most of what I need to get this thing fixed. DDM was out of stock on a lot of things so I still need and under tray, body, front shock tower support and rear bumper brace. Will probably got to eBay for that stuff. Do you guys have a favorite source for Baja parts besides DDM?

tbh id not bother with a under tray ?unless ur on tarmac ?.on grass they jus funnel grass into/under the engine area☹...and evetually they snap off/bend up ect?.....
as for parts.....get em where ever u find em i say?..i use eBay a lot and find pretty much all i need to run my 4x 1/5th's ?

tbh id not bother with a under tray ?unless ur on tarmac ?.on grass they jus funnel grass into/under the engine area☹...and evetually they snap off/bend up ect?.....
as for parts.....get em where ever u find em i say?..i use eBay a lot and find pretty much all i need to run my 4x 1/5th's ?

thanks! If you don’t run the under tray what do you attach your body to? It’s been too long Iforgot how the body mounts.

I bought that zen 29 from john. I don't need the pipe or TR clutch bits if you're intrested. Im sure we could come to a agreement on a good price. Ill send you a update once the parts arrive.

the 2x side pegs and 1x top front peg?....job done?..my body been fine for last5 years like this?
u can seemy dayglo green body clips here?

that makes sense, so you guys just run the top of the body not the side pieces that wrap around to the bottom of the chassis.

I bought that zen 29 from john. I don't need the pipe or TR clutch bits if you're intrested. Im sure we could come to a agreement on a good price. Ill send you a update once the parts arrive.

thanks for the offer! I actually already have a zenoah 290 and a DDM v2 silenced rear dom pipe on the way. If you decide to swap out that sealed pull start set up I would be happy to make you a deal on that. I could even send you my stock pull start of my new 290. I’m planning on running mine primarily in sand.

that makes sense, so you guys just run the top of the body not the side pieces that wrap around to the bottom of the chassis.

thanks for the offer! I actually already have a zenoah 290 and a DDM v2 silenced rear dom pipe on the way. If you decide to swap out that sealed pull start set up I would be happy to make you a deal on that. I could even send you my stock pull start of my new 290. I’m planning on running mine primarily in sand.
We might be able to do that. Im not sure how it will fit in the vehicle im putting engine in anyways so might not be able to use it. Ill send you a message once I figure out my plans.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks