hostile spur warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes!
Hostile proper hasn't been in business for quite a few years now. DDM has taken stewardship of the Hostile brand and products, but I don't think they've been making any new spur runs since most everyone has gone the hardened steel route.

I'm really impressed that you guys have had such a terrible go of things honestly. Since I shredded my DDM Black Magic 19/55 steel gears (totally my fault), I've been running the stock spur and it's holding up to the OBR Reed fantastically.

I think I figured out what happened... maybe my fault (nobody like to admit fault ;-P)
I had readjusted my brakes, swapped the spring for fuel tube and maybe made it too aggressive... I came in at speed and then slammed the brakes... the slid in and just like that the spur was dead... I think the motor and pinion didnt like the resistance and only thing left to chew was the spur...
I dialed out the brakes and swapped in a stock unit, no issues so far... I think its better to have lazy brakes than too bity... Unlike my nitro car, these Bajas don't have a slipper clutch to protect you in this scenario...
I love how this hobby constantly corrects what you "know" and "think"... I thought I needed my brakes to be super grippy... wrong! hahaha

I had readjusted my brakes, swapped the spring for fuel tube and maybe made it too aggressive... I came in at speed and then slammed the brakes... the slid in and just like that the spur was dead... I think the motor and pinion didnt like the resistance and only thing left to chew was the spur...
i maybe wrong but when you hit the brake, you'll idle the motor and the clutch will disengage the bell and release the torque from the pinion... so your brake power wont impact the spur teeth that much. (unless i'm wrong)

So i shredded another spur...
We set up a bit of a course at a park and were racing the 2 bajas for about an hour...
And thats when it happened...
I don't know how or why but all of a sudden just throttled and no movement. I think everything was just running too hot and the spur could not take it... as well, i think my stock clutch carrier has a part in this. There is a bit of wobble now and I suspect when everything is nice and hot the wobble is worse, causing the shredded spur...

Another question... anybody every bend a dominator v2?
through my run, the Baja took a few tumbles, and ejected the silencer on the dominator... When I tore everything down at home, it feel like the spring on the pipe is stretched out more, and there is more contact of the pipe to the roll cage... its like the whole thing got compressed, but maybe I am crazy?

So i shredded another spur...
We set up a bit of a course at a park and were racing the 2 bajas for about an hour...
And thats when it happened...
I don't know how or why but all of a sudden just throttled and no movement. I think everything was just running too hot and the spur could not take it... as well, i think my stock clutch carrier has a part in this. There is a bit of wobble now and I suspect when everything is nice and hot the wobble is worse, causing the shredded spur...

Another question... anybody every bend a dominator v2?
through my run, the Baja took a few tumbles, and ejected the silencer on the dominator... When I tore everything down at home, it feel like the spring on the pipe is stretched out more, and there is more contact of the pipe to the roll cage... its like the whole thing got compressed, but maybe I am crazy?
That is definitely a problem. Another thing is, on the hostile spurs the center hole can be off centered, so if you get a new one, id bore it out a bit. I did that one some of mine and saw a big difference with mesh. Its not all of them, some spurs it will be fine , other spurs it will be off centered. I credit Clayton at vertigo performance for teaching me about this trick.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks