Hpi 5sc refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone running the Team Chase (or Rovan) cage with the VRC side pipe and what are your clearances? Not a whole lot of room and looks like I need to build a new bracket. don't want to trim anything if possible.

Or just convert to losi shocks....
So the Rovan shaft replacements haven't been holding up very well and the shocks are pretty worn out in general. Has a lot of squat even with them turned up. Thinking about the Losi shocks. As mentioned I would need to trim the TR shock tower in order for them to fit at the top. Are there any clearance issues connecting the the arms or interference with shafts, limit straps, or sway bar? Front shocks are still holding strong, just looking to do the rears for now.

To that extent idk, I know John parks has done the conversion already. It's only worth it if you get a set cheap enough. Other wise irc will be the best option. We'll unless hpi gets their head out of their asses and makes spare available.

It’s hard to know what to recommend for you. I don’t think it easy to build tough reliable standard shocks anymore. Threshold umbrella seals, Kraken Ti shafts, Threshold rezzies and metal rods ends. I don’t think you can get any of them anymore unfortunately. I have them but now they are collectible so I won’t run them anymore, although I might stick them on the lightweight build because they look so good.

Do you just want cheap or do want reliability?

I agree with Sean, just get a set of IRCs they are great, won’t break the bank and easily rebuildable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks