[Identified HARM SR1]Help identify 1/5 GT car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't stay 23 for long time tho xD
For example my mad force had .21 engine for like 2 months, then i replaced it with a LRP ZR30 and after a year i put a second one on it :ROFLMAO:

I'm searching for stroker kits already ?
Also i have 5 gas chainsaws sitting around, maybe i will "lend" something from them :unsure: ?

530/35 Bodies will fit.
If smaller use,measurements I wrote further down
Measure the distance between wheel centerlines from post to post. (F-R)
20.079=510mm chassis/body
20.472=520mm chassis/body
530/35 can use same body
20.886=530mm chassis
21.063=535mm chassis

I know a guy on eBay that sells parts for mostly Smartech/Nutech and others.
When he gets in fg,I get special offers-?
I will warn you up front if you want alloy parts it can get expensive,mostly because cars are older and parts are hard to get. It might take some patience and time.
I don't think 3speeds exist for these cars,2speeds though for some.
I would check each part for damage / tear down and inspect before adding new parts,If it's sound - drive test first. Depending on what you upgrade could cause issues with the balance of the car.
When you upgrade - parts start flexing / breaking and wearing faster and get damaged if not upgraded together.
Alloy engine mounts if engine upgrade then rear end to handle the extra power. Etc..
If you need i'll help as much as I can.

I searched in proline but all of the bodies are for off road.?
Do you know any site to recomend ?
I was looking for a supra body, or skyline R34 or an Evo 9 something like this.:cool:
I will warn you up front if you want alloy parts it can get expensive,mostly because cars are older and parts are hard to get. It might take some patience and time.
I don't think 3speeds exist for these cars,2speeds though for some.
Indeed alloy parts are expensive, i know it from my mad force :ROFLMAO:
Uuuh i found 3speed setup on aliexpress
GTB-racing-3-Speed-transmission-Gear-Set-for-Hpi-Baja-5B-5T-5SC.jpg

They promote it for HPI baja tho but i suppose it will fit somehow in the rest large scale cars :unsure:

Last edited:
I told you how to measure for correct body size. Also if your used to nitro,remove any thoughts cause - this ain't that.?
You are extremely limited in body choices.
As I said most of the cars are based on older models,meaning not to much in New bodies made anymore +some personally made ones show up though. There's major licensing issues involved causing most people to stop making New ones.
Outside of USA is gonna be your best bet in unique body styles but their still going to be hard to find. Where are you located?, because I come across all sorts of things in my constant searching for parts.
I don't know of a supra body being made,if it was, it might've been hand made.
I'm not shocked anymore when I come across stuff that "Don't" exist, like my F40 Body.
It's only 1 of a few a company made in the 90's. I have heard of 1 other based on someone say so but never saw.
(Only problem is, its the one car I don't have a chassis for.?)
When you verify body size + your country, we can start looking.
I know of bodies that are available but you'd have to know where to look. Another thing bodies can get extremely pricey. When I started I wanted a mustang body but kept missing the one I wanted,as it turns out it's extremely rare again but one showed up for sale a few months ago @ $750.00!!.
So never say never but it was just to much $$ for me.
There are also some good "Copied" bodies for a good price.

I told you how to measure for correct body size. Also if your used to nitro,remove any thoughts cause - this ain't that.?
You are extremely limited in body choices.
As I said most of the cars are based on older models,meaning not to much in New bodies made anymore +some personally made ones show up though. There's major licensing issues involved causing most people to stop making New ones.
Outside of USA is gonna be your best bet in unique body styles but their still going to be hard to find. Where are you located?, because I come across all sorts of things in my constant searching for parts.
I don't know of a supra body being made,if it was, it might've been hand made.
I'm not shocked anymore when I come across stuff that "Don't" exist, like my F40 Body.
It's only 1 of a few a company made in the 90's. I have heard of 1 other based on someone say so but never saw.
(Only problem is, its the one car I don't have a chassis for.?)
When you verify body size + your country, we can start looking.
I know of bodies that are available but you'd have to know where to look. Another thing bodies can get extremely pricey. When I started I wanted a mustang body but kept missing the one I wanted,as it turns out it's extremely rare again but one showed up for sale a few months ago @ $750.00!!.
So never say never but it was just to much $$ for me.
There are also some good "Copied" bodies for a good price.
I live in Greece, here in Europe 1/5 scale cars are kinda popular.
Yeah i noticed that there are limited bodies...mostly BMWs and Benzos and alfa romeos ?
Then most probably i will end up with a BMW M3 :unsure:
I will take the messurements once i get back to home in some days ?
with 750 you could buy a new model ???

I live in Greece, here in Europe 1/5 scale cars are kinda popular.
Yeah i noticed that there are limited bodies...mostly BMWs and Benzos and alfa romeos ?
Then most probably i will end up with a BMW M3 :unsure:
I will take the messurements once i get back to home in some days ?
with 750 you could buy a new model ???
Yes your taxes are crushing. At least its a rather scenic country?‍♂️

I'll fill you in on your need for multi speed transmissions. They are junk. Parts are hard to get, and inevitably they end up needing special one way bearings that are hard to come by. Most of these models will go 40mph out of the box. With a slightly worked up engine and proper gearing it is easy to wheel stand up to 60+mph. Save your hard earned cash on better upgrades.

That's why I was telling you,it's going to be expensive. I learned the hard way.?
There is a company in Greece selling fg parts.?
Any idea of what other type of body your looking for?.
Mostly Japanese cars ?
I found an Evo 6 body but was out of stock.???
Otherwise a nice looking BMW M3 body would be ok.
I'll fill you in on your need for multi speed transmissions. They are junk. Parts are hard to get, and inevitably they end up needing special one way bearings that are hard to come by. Most of these models will go 40mph out of the box. With a slightly worked up engine and proper gearing it is easy to wheel stand up to 60+mph. Save your hard earned cash on better upgrades.
oh ok, then better go with hydraulic brakes.?
Thanks Prof....lol?. He needs other things before he gets to that,money might be a big one.?
Yeah ahahaha and the problem with me is that i work on 5-6 projects at the same time ?? for example i still work on my kyosho mad force on which i already spent arround 4k euros and still didn't get aluminum axles ? one heavy modified pulling tractor with 4 engines, i restore one kyosho lamborghini c1 cat nitro boat, also i work on a nitro vehicle with screws insteed of wheels and also i restore a thunder tiger nitro bike ?
No problem sd73,
I would've advised him against,if it came to that. He's just finding out how expensive things are,that always tempers desire/reality.?
I kinda know the expenses of 1/5 scale RC, i just neveer had one? i have some parts from 1/5 scale installed on my mad force for example.
Hydraulic Brakes (25).JPG

Then i chaned it to this

IMG_1076.JPG

250 euros just for brakes ?

im not looking to buy one, but what makes 1/5 2/3 speeds so unreliable? The one in my Tmaxx's work flawlessly and one is over 20 years old. Is it the extra weight? Are they built differently? Just curious really. They would be cool if they worked well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks