Idle issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammnn... and by the looks of the top of the piston being so clean you had detonation with all those divets in the piston and were very lean. Seeing how that piston looks that top end is trashed
IMG_20210623_204423.jpg
New vs old... dimples are normal on the 26 ?
Got all my parts and will put the motor back in the next day or so.
Stupid question, I need to do a break in with the new piston right?
What's the recommended procedure?

@RcJunkie13 you squeeze the piston ring with your fingers and gently push the cylinder on while going around the piston ring with your fingers to find spots that haven't compressed

View attachment 75166
New vs old... dimples are normal on the 26 ?
Got all my parts and will put the motor back in the next day or so.
Stupid question, I need to do a break in with the new piston right?
What's the recommended procedure?
Seems like low quality pistons with those casting marks on them like that new. Zenoah pistons have machine marks on the tops

@RcJunkie13 you squeeze the piston ring with your fingers and gently push the cylinder on while going around the piston ring with your fingers to find spots that haven't compressed

Seems like low quality pistons with those casting marks on them like that new. Zenoah pistons have machine marks on the tops

I believe it's a CY piston but not all Zenoah pistons are smooth. Scroll through ddm's listings of pistons and you'll see what I mean. Even ESP uses the dimpled cy for his 'High Rev' pistons.

If I remember correctly guys who do their own porting and piston mods will scuff up the surface of the top which gives better atomization? Meaning better fuel burn. So I would assume CY does this for the same reason? and I have no clue why the hole is there.

So I spent a few hours on Sunday getting the motor back together, and putting the car back together. Got a new coil, new plug, velocity stack and air filter.
Went with the copper gasket and loctite 518.
Took it out back and it took a while but it's running.
I normally use the choke but it was not going... choke off and tried starting like I see many do on YouTube. Finally came to life!!!
It felt nice and tight when I pulled the cord, so good compression. And once running, it sounds strong. Good steady idle. Let it run for maybe 5 minutes and let it rest.
My Final squish was .185

Appreciate all the help here!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks