Idle issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I put in my order last week with DDM... also got velocity stack and TGN easy clearance filter plus redneck filter....
I get the knock on the door today from the FedEx guy.... run to get my box open... and....
IMG_20210609_144932.jpg

Broken nipple......

Was hoping to go for a run this weekend! arghhhh...
Sent email to DDM, will see what they say. Looks like it was dropped at some point before shipping.

DDM is sending over a new nipple.

ON a side note... On my stock baja air filter, I was told to oil the inner foam and not the outer foam.
with this redneck filter, it says to oil it as well as the inner.
Whats right?
What are you guys doing?
PS - I have an outerwears for this as well

ON a side note... On my stock baja air filter, I was told to oil the inner foam and not the outer foam.
Whats right?
What are you guys doing?
With the redneck you do both, with the stock outer you don't oil it.

Whats right?
What are you guys doing?
I oil the red scarcely and the yellow generously, that way the filter doesn't get clogged with big stuff

so how hard is it to get the new fitting pressed in??
I got the new fitting this morning, pulled out the old one... but this new fitting is very tight... I can barely even get it started into the hole...
Any tips on how to do this?

Aaaarghhh.
So this baja is now running like a dream. My son loves it!
New carb, new velocity stack, new air filter, new plug, new coil, new dominator fast pipe.... I am sure it doesn't compare to your rigs with big bores and reeds... but for us these 26ers are great.
So we are having a blast this afternoon and out of the blue my Baja just quits mid run. It was fine for 40 mins and then just dead.
I put in a new plug and it doesn't fire. I have spark, but changed the coil anyways. I can see spark but it won't start. I was afraid I flooded it but the plug is dry. It feels like it has compression. I feel resistance when I turn it over compared to when the plug is out. Fuel in the tank, bulb is full... the only weird thing when I cleaned out all the grass is that it looks like the head gasket squeezed out... has anyone seen this before?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks